• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swiftie
    • Mar 2010

Order of Albums

Both my server and my controller are on software 7.5.0
    The defined sort order of albums is "Album"

I went looking for "Anthology" by Anthony Phillips. It wasn't amongst the albums which start with "A".

On the controller, I scrolled back to the "A" section and it wasn't there. I went back through the numerics, then special characters, and right at the top were a sprinkling of albums which should have been elsewhere.

The order was the same on the server, via the web control.

Right at the top, before all the numeric/special characters were albums:

A Catch At The Tables
    Anthology
    Pride
    The Cry
    ... and so on.

What are these albums doing at the very top of the list? How did they get there? How can I sort them into their correct position?
  • iPhone
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Swiftie
    Both my server and my controller are on software 7.5.0
    The defined sort order of albums is "Album"

I went looking for "Anthology" by Anthony Phillips. It wasn't amongst the albums which start with "A".

On the controller, I scrolled back to the "A" section and it wasn't there. I went back through the numerics, then special characters, and right at the top were a sprinkling of albums which should have been elsewhere.

The order was the same on the server, via the web control.

Right at the top, before all the numeric/special characters were albums:

A Catch At The Tables
    Anthology
    Pride
    The Cry
    ... and so on.

What are these albums doing at the very top of the list? How did they get there? How can I sort them into their correct position?
    Have you taken a close look at the tags? Have you taken a look at your settings in SBS to see how you have everything set to make sure something isn't set that would cause this and its just doing what you ask it to? I had a couple of albums acting weird and somehow a blank space or special character had gotten inserted before the first letter of the album. Re-tagging and doing a Clear and Rescan fixed the issue.

Lastly, when was the last time you did a Clear all and Rescan?
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Comment

• Swiftie
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by iPhone
      Have you taken a close look at the tags?
      I hadn't looked at the tags; there didn't seem to be anything odd about the mis-placed albums. When I looked at the very first album in my album list there was nothing wildly wrong with the tags; certainly no odd characters in the title. The tracks contained no "Album Artist" tags, and the date tags were either 1984 or 1987. I added Album Artist tags, and rationalised the dates to the release date of the album, 1984.

My last clear and rescan would have been a couple of weeks ago; I did another. This has fixed all of those misplaced albums, so it is likely the rescan that fixed the order, rather than my tag fiddling.

It leaves me wondering how they got out of order in the first place, but at least I have things ship-shape again.

Comment

Working...