PDA

View Full Version : SB Radio the Green Alternative

Nicola Tesla
2010-05-22, 01:37
This is just great, to receive about half the AM stations in the US (Clear Channel and others) I have to leave my 1200 watt PC on 24/7 so my SBR (3 watts) can function. While all the SBR fanboys suggest that all is well and perhaps we need to post a bug fix, Idiots like AndyG need to get off there ass and make the SBR function in the most basic of ways. This is just pathetic.

An more "improvements" to the firmware will render the SBR completely non-functional.

This is just great, to receive about half the AM stations in the US (Clear Channel and others) I have to leave my 1200 watt PC on 24/7 so my SBR (3 watts) can function. While all the SBR fanboys suggest that all is well and perhaps we need to post a bug fix, Idiots like AndyG need to get off there ass and make the SBR function in the most basic of ways. This is just pathetic.

Any more "improvements" to the firmware will render the SBR completely non-functional.

Any suggestions for a reliable Wifi radio would be appreciated.

fragfutter
2010-05-22, 02:31
I like personal insults. I think we should settle this like any civilized people. We setup a cage fight. You and AndyG. Like madmax, two in, only one out.

If you are not satisfied with the product, return it.

Mnyb
2010-05-22, 02:39
0/10

bpa
2010-05-22, 03:40
This is a user forum. To get a bug fixed add your vote to the bug report - for clear channel this is the one.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15451

I think you may need to open a new report as your problem is SBR on mysb.com but I think QA doesn't understand that the problem is with delivering AAC streams URLs on mysb.com. The AAC stream URLs are delivered when a user is using a local SBS.

toby10
2010-05-22, 03:52
Any more "improvements" to the firmware will render the SBR completely non-functional.......

Which will be even "greener" than using the Radio without a computer.

copperstate
2010-05-22, 04:22
While all the SBR fanboys suggest that all is well and perhaps we need to post a bug fix, Idiots like AndyG need to get off there ass and make the SBR function in the most basic of ways. This is just pathetic.

Personal insults are absolutely uncalled for. :mad: I (at least) am really appreciating that the developers still find the time to read (and post) here. :)

BigPotato
2010-05-22, 08:08
Idiots like AndyG need to get off there ass and make the SBR function in the most basic of ways. This is just pathetic.

An more "improvements" to the firmware will render the SBR completely non-functional.

I've always found that the best way to get something done is to call someone an "idiot". Works every time. Even better if while doing it you can make a basic error, to really show off your superior intellect. I recommend that next time you call him a "moran".

Good luck.

fragfutter
2010-05-22, 09:11
please note that the original thread start-post has been deleted...

Mnyb
2010-05-22, 09:20
Hello fellow fanboys and idiots ;)

better polish the crystal ball next time so the devs knows 2 years in advance when one of 10000's of internet radio operators is suddenly going to do a major change, they usually don't ask logitech if they allowed to do it.

Clear Chanel what is that ? I noticed zero loss in functionality where I'm...

Of course every problem I face must be universal and affect everyone using the same product making it useless...

Seem like 100000 other radio channels is working fine whether you want them or not.

funkstar
2010-05-23, 01:34
I have to leave my 1200 watt PC on 24/7 so my SBR (3 watts) can function
If your PC is actually pulling 1200 watts then there must be a power supply rated to about 1500-2000 watts in there and you are running it full tilt, meaning you are running a lot more than just Squeezebox Server for your radio. The only way of pulling that power is your graphics card(s) going all out.

I understand your frustration with your favorite radio channel not working, but you need to appreciate that this major change to the way the channel is streamed is not Logitech's fault. There is a problem that needs to be fixed, but the developers cannot for see every permutation for codecs and streaming methods out there.