PDA

View Full Version : squeezebox server help

snix
2010-05-21, 13:39
now, first of all apologies if i put this question in the wrong place.

i have recently upgraded the firmware to squeezebox server 7.5.0 on my qnap nas.

now my squeezebox duet (both on the duet and the web based interface) has messed up how my library is presented. The artists are listed as ignoring any small words at the front. i have deleted the ignore words from the settings and rescanned, but 'the' is ignored, as is 'kid' (kid 606 is under '6' as opposed to 'k')as are most other three letter words

also '...and you will know them by the trail of dead' and '!!!' have both dissapered from my artists completely.

i've messed around with all the settings and rescanned but nothing works....

thanks!

snarlydwarf
2010-05-21, 13:45
now, first of all apologies if i put this question in the wrong place.

i have recently upgraded the firmware to squeezebox server 7.5.0 on my qnap nas.

now my squeezebox duet (both on the duet and the web based interface) has messed up how my library is presented. The artists are listed as ignoring any small words at the front. i have deleted the ignore words from the settings and rescanned, but 'the' is ignored, as is 'kid' (kid 606 is under '6' as opposed to 'k')as are most other three letter words

also '...and you will know them by the trail of dead' and '!!!' have both dissapered from my artists completely.

i've messed around with all the settings and rescanned but nothing works....

thanks!

Look closely at your tags.

There are a variety of 'sort' tags ("ARTISTSORTORDER", "TSOP", etc) that define sorting, which is useful to override server guesses on what words to eliminate. (Ie, the classic "The The" from the 80's...).

snix
2010-05-22, 05:06
Look closely at your tags.

There are a variety of 'sort' tags ("ARTISTSORTORDER", "TSOP", etc) that define sorting, which is useful to override server guesses on what words to eliminate. (Ie, the classic "The The" from the 80's...).

thanks, although im not entirely sure what you mean. would you mind going through what to do step by step ?