PDA

View Full Version : Archos 5 Internet Table (Android) work with Squeeze

Oppala
2010-05-16, 11:28
Received the Archos 5 as a prezzie recently. Based on Android operating system. I've had an SB3 for years and using Squeezebox Server on my main pc.

Wondered if there were any options open to me?

Thanks, Mike

Mark Miksis
2010-05-16, 11:49
Received the Archos 5 as a prezzie recently. Based on Android operating system. I've had an SB3 for years and using Squeezebox Server on my main pc.

Options for what?

There is no Squeezebox Server for Android. There are a few Android Squeezebox control apps in the Android marketplace. (I am happily running Squeeze Commander on my DROID.) I'm not sure if any of these apps have official support for tablets.

lrossouw
2010-05-16, 20:13
Could try running squeezeplay. Not sure if anybody has run it on android yet.

CodeChimp
2010-05-23, 05:52
Maybe use it as a browser to the Squeeze Server WebUI?

I'm keeping my eye on the rumoured upcoming Android tablets for this purpose. I like using the controller but for creative playlist building I turn to the Web UI and it will be nice to not have my laptop on and vulnerable on a party night.

flattermann
2010-05-23, 13:46

Thanks, Mike

SqueezeCommander (and probably other apps) will run on the Archos 5 IT.
I have some beta testers with such a device. :-)

At the moment, SqueezeCommander is not optimized for Tablets, yet.
I've got plans to create a special Tablet version with an optimized GUI, but that will probably still take some months...

flattermann
2010-05-23, 13:48
Maybe use it as a browser to the Squeeze Server WebUI?

I'm keeping my eye on the rumoured upcoming Android tablets for this purpose. I like using the controller but for creative playlist building I turn to the Web UI and it will be nice to not have my laptop on and vulnerable on a party night.

That works, but the WebUI is slow.

You will have a much better experience with a specialized app.
It looks better and is much faster and more fun... :-)

CodeChimp
2010-05-24, 05:13
That works, but the WebUI is slow.

You will have a much better experience with a specialized app.
It looks better and is much faster and more fun... :-)

I agree, I use Squeeze Commander on my Android phone, as do my friends which is great when we visit each other, we all have control over the playlist.

I like the WebUI for it's ease of searching, drag/drop to re-arrange the playlist, access to things like Track Stat and SQL Playlists, if you get around to creating an android tablet version it would be great if you could expand it in these areas.. particularly the two pane look of the WebUI.

datman99
2010-08-10, 22:05
Looking at getting an Archos 7, does anyone know if SqueezeCommander runs on Archos 7 as well?

Thanks