PDA

View Full Version : Hmnnn..any reason why my box might have been resealed at the factory??

Gazjam
2010-05-02, 08:31
Got a Touch recently at a discounted price due to inconvenience...

Part of a set of 2 units sent out, my box had been resealed...the circular tape which seals the box was "double layered" (there was one bit of tape on top of the other) and the packaging inside was SLIGHTLY more handled than you would expect from a brand new "straight from the factory" purchase.

The unit itself was covered in the cellophane protective sheet and looked untouched, and all the accessories were there in sealed bags, looking as you would expect.

BUT..
The box, despite the very good job at putting it back together "as new", had TWO layers of tape on the flap..and I was very careful peelin the top layer off which revealed a CUT layer underneath.

So my question is I guess, WHY would this have been sent out "as new"..?

Is it a case of a particular batch being sent out to meet the "discounted" orders..?

Personally I bought a brand new Touch, I don't want a "used" one.
What's Logitech's position on this as I'm not 100% happy, and I want to be.

The thought will always be there that my unit is perhaps "second hand" in some way..

Thanks.

Gazjam
2010-05-02, 12:15
Im serious...
anyone any clues?

This is just before I contact Logitech directly and make a "case" about this...

Thanks.

snarlydwarf
2010-05-02, 12:23
Im serious...
anyone any clues?

Thanks.

You do know this is not only not an official logitech support channel, it is NOT the shipping department for Logitech so it's unlikely anyone here has a clue or cares about this.

audiomuze
2010-05-02, 12:32
Im serious...
anyone any clues?

Thanks.

If the 30 day money back policy still applies send it back and order another.

toby10
2010-05-02, 12:55
It might be as simple as a broken label/seal or a spot check off the production line.
Is it just the seal that gives the indication it was opened?
Any other indications it was opened/used?

But definitely return it if you don't feel comfortable with it.

mlsstl
2010-05-02, 13:03
BUT..
The box, despite the very good job at putting it back together "as new", had TWO layers of tape on the flap..and I was very careful peelin the top layer off which revealed a CUT layer underneath.

So my question is I guess, WHY would this have been sent out "as new"..?
There are some reasons you might have seen this.

A packer may have worried they left out something, so opened the box just to double check and then resealed it when everything was found OK. Or that unit might have been subject to a random check to make sure the packing line was doing its job right. One could dream up a couple of other scenarios that in no way caused the unit to become "used" but conversely reflect well on the company's concern about quality control.

However, if it bothers you, call Logitech's support line, explain the issue and ask for a replacement.

You're not going to achieve that by posting here as this is a discussion forum. It is not official Logitech support.

iPhone
2010-05-02, 14:21
Your a Senior member of this Forum. YOU should know better then to cross post! Especially when it is just because you can't make up your mind for crying out loud!

Gazjam
2010-05-02, 16:24
Thanks for the replies, even the smart ones! :)

I was looking for some thoughts, that was all.
Hadnt thought about the quality control check...if the unit ITSELF was in any way tampered with it would go back in a quick minute.

Ta.

Gazjam
2010-05-02, 16:25
Your a Senior member of this Forum. YOU should know better then to cross post! Especially when it is just because you can't make up your mind for crying out loud!

Point conceded..but it was because at the time there were 50 views and no replies... :)
but point taken.