PDA

View Full Version : iPad Apps for Squeezebox?

jimzak
2010-05-02, 06:22
What's everybody using on their iPad to control SB?

iPeng works pretty well.

The web interface is barely usable but the icons are tiny and "unsqueezing" results in unpredictable behavior with the iPad interface, which is a shame.

Anything else out there yet?

Jim

Nostromo
2010-05-03, 04:54
Pippin is working on a iPad version of iPeng

jimzak
2010-05-04, 02:51
Pippin is working on a iPad version of iPeng

Yes, I am aware of the new version coming, but last I heard, the expected arrival date is "months" away.

lrossouw
2010-05-04, 03:20
The web interface is barely usable but the icons are tiny and "unsqueezing" results in unpredictable behavior with the iPad interface, which is a shame.

Not sure what you mean by unsqueezing?
Anyway you could also try the touch interface of the web interface by going to http://[yourserverip]:9000/touch instead. It's more finger friendly. Might be better for the ipad, but still not great I suspect.

pippin
2010-05-04, 04:39
Not sure what you mean by unsqueezing?
Anyway you could also try the touch interface of the web interface by going to http://[yourserverip]:9000/touch instead. It's more finger friendly. Might be better for the ipad, but still not great I suspect.

I think that doesn't work, too.
The problem with most of the skins is the use of frames/divs that scroll plus some automatic scrolling through JavaScript. Plus completely failing automatic resizing.

Classic skin is usable if you can live with it jumping back to the top of the list every few seconds, I feel only "EN" in really usable.

jimzak
2010-06-27, 08:32
Actually the Touch skin is pretty usable on the iPad and the classic skin is crappy.

That's my opinion.

Thanks.

nathan_h
2010-07-07, 17:34
Classic is the only one that works half way for me. Ugly as sin, but the touch interface has the problem with scrolling, resizing, etc., that don't work with the way I use the app.

What's the "EN" interface?

mherger
2010-07-07, 23:02
> What's the "EN" interface?

It's the mother of all skins. Basically no markup.

--

Michael

tnagy
2010-07-09, 17:14
Hi Guys,

The Touch theme (http://[youripaddress]:9000/touch) is working really well for me with the iPad.

The only major problem that I had at first was not being able to scroll through my music lists or other lists. I figured out that, since the list is in a frame, you need to use two fingers in parallel to scroll (i.e., side by side) and then it works really well. Incidentally, the two finger scroll method is required to scroll within frames in Safari on iPad on any website.

Regards,
Tim

erland
2010-07-11, 01:49
There is a iPad specific skin currently being developed by a third party developer:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=80041

Marten
2011-01-23, 03:25
I don't know whether it's Ipeng or squeezebox anymore or even the synology NAS209. My Issues today:
The Ipeng frequently says it can't find my players (2 reciever + 1 Boom)and then all of the sudden they are there.
The Ipeng is soo slow or even not performing when I want to listen to some music from my server. All dialoque boxs take ages to come up or even to activate.
Quite a few radiostations cannot be activated although I see the datalink coming up but no sound to hear. This not with all stations strangely enough. Somear working. This is true Ipeng and the controller.

Anybody any idea wha i going on?

pippin
2011-01-23, 04:56
What kind of server do you use?
Is probably a rescan going on on your server?

eeckhoj
2011-04-18, 14:50
Anyone tried the SqueezePad app yet ($9.99 on iTunes App store) ?

andynormancx
2011-04-18, 15:02

Yes, lots of us. It has been discussed regularly here.

I have both it and iPeng. SqueezePad takes a different approach with a simplified UI compared to iPeng.

I prefer the flexibility of iPeng though, so I rarely use SqueezePad.

bluegaspode
2011-04-18, 15:05

The majority of people that give 5stars on the AppStore?
Also if you search this forum, you will find plenty of discussions.
This recent one I like most http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=86946 :D

turbot fiend
2011-04-19, 09:50
Yes, lots of us. It has been discussed regularly here.

I have both it and iPeng. SqueezePad takes a different approach with a simplified UI compared to iPeng.

I prefer the flexibility of iPeng though, so I rarely use SqueezePad.

I just started using Squeezepad on iPad2 and have been very impressed with ease of install and set up, plus general usability - it's very easy to use and I feel more intuitive than iPeng. That you can stream direct to iPad effectively adds another SB zone to one's network, and furthermore with USB out into B&W MM1s on board DAC one has a good source of streamed digital music rather than being limited to the format support that Apple likes.

For functionality and flexibility, i use SqueezeCommander for Android on an HTC, and this excels at synchronising zones etc, plus turning on/off individual controllers. Bit slower sometimes to scroll thru lists is it's only downside. I barely use the Duet anymore...

For usability Squeezepad is very, very good.
Thumbs up.