PDA

View Full Version : SB2 needs direct internet connection?

dnighorn
2010-04-28, 12:11
Does the SB2 need its own access to the internet to play internet radio? I have my system set up and have no problem playing music from my server. However, radio and Sirius do not. I can see the stations and can select them to play. But they never buffer up and no sound comes out. The server software makes it look like the station is playing though.

The reason that I ask is that my setup relies on a Cradlepoint CTR350 EVDO router. Any device that connects to it must log in (separate from WPA) in order to access the internet. Each laptop can surf, but only after the login. If SB needs its own direct connection (as opposed to piggy-backing off of the Squeezecenter server) then I can see how the radio breakdown is happening.

Thanks for the help!

usch
2010-04-28, 17:15
Yes, that's the normal method - the server just passes the stream URL to the player, and the player then retrieves the stream on its own.

You should be able to change that under Server Settings > Player > Audio > Streaming Method from "direct" to "proxied" to pass the stream through the server. I never needed to change this setting though, so I can't say for sure if it actually works.

dnighorn
2010-04-28, 20:15
Yes, that's the normal method - the server just passes the stream URL to the player, and the player then retrieves the stream on its own.

You should be able to change that under Server Settings > Player > Audio > Streaming Method from "direct" to "proxied" to pass the stream through the server. I never needed to change this setting though, so I can't say for sure if it actually works.

It works. Thanks for the help!