PDA

View Full Version : Custom Browse and "Random Song"

mps
2010-04-28, 08:52
How do I get the "Random Song" menu for Classical Music to show up inside my "Classical" Menu Group (on the Squeezebox Controller)? It is easy to do this for "Random Albums" because that is a "Custom Browse" menu type, but I have to create the "Random Song" menu using the SQL Playlists plugin, and I can't find it anywhere in the Controller.

erland
2010-04-28, 10:21
I'm not sure it's possible at the moment but what you can do is to create a new menu in Custom Browse based on the "Dynamic Playlists" menu template and specify a "Playlist group" in the menu configuration.

In SQL Playlist, you can set your playlist to this group by specifying the "Groups" parameter.

This will make it possible to put the playlist group inside the Classical menu, you will still have an extra menu level to reach the actual playlist but it might be good enough. Maybe you even want to have more than one playlists so you can create a "Dynamic Playlists" menu inside "Classical" using this method.

mps
2010-04-28, 11:41
I'm not sure it's possible at the moment but what you can do is to create a new menu in Custom Browse based on the "Dynamic Playlists" menu template and specify a "Playlist group" in the menu configuration.

Any propsects for getting this functionality? I would appreciate being able to duplicate all of the standard menus in a multilibrary library.

In SQL Playlist, you can set your playlist to this group by specifying the "Groups" parameter.

This will make it possible to put the playlist group inside the Classical menu, you will still have an extra menu level to reach the actual playlist but it might be good enough. Maybe you even want to have more than one playlists so you can create a "Dynamic Playlists" menu inside "Classical" using this method.
I tried this and it works with the web interface but doesn't appear in the Classical menu on the controller.

erland
2010-04-28, 12:19
I tried this and it works with the web interface but doesn't appear in the Classical menu on the controller.

Have you tried to restart the Controller ? I'm not completely sure when it refreshes the menus.

I could remember wrong, the situation might be that I only supported this for web ui and Classic players.

mps
2010-04-28, 13:23
Have you tried to restart the Controller ? I'm not completely sure when it refreshes the menus.

I could remember wrong, the situation might be that I only supported this for web ui and Classic players.
Yes, I did restart the controller. Just to be sure, I'll try rebooting everything tomorrow.

mps
2010-04-29, 08:02
Yes, I did restart the controller. Just to be sure, I'll try rebooting everything tomorrow.
Even after rebooting everything (NAS, Controller, SBS), no dynamic menus are visible on the controller

mps
2010-04-30, 12:32
Here's something else odd. On the web interface, I only see "Random Song" if I go to my Classical menu via Home/Extras/Custom Browse/Classical but not if I go there via Home/My Music/Classical, even though (I think) it is the same menu. I've attached some screenshots. The "Random Albums" Custom Browse submenu also exhibits the same behavior. What do you think is going on?

On the Controller, I can't see it at all, but I do have a workaround of going to My Music/Dynamic Playlists/ClassicalRandomSongs, so I am able to get the functionality as long as I look in a non-obvious place.