PDA

View Full Version : 2 Things I've Learned

EasyPeasy
2010-04-24, 12:01
So I just got a new Squeezebox Boom. I set up my account at mysb and also upgraded the squeezecenter server I was running (for my old Roku R1000 to access) to v 7.5.

Thing 1. Presets were not saving, but now I can and here's how:
Initially I could not define presets, and weirdly, after a day or so, my favourites showed up as the presets. To this point I had configured all of my access to mysb, but I had never connected to mysb from the Boom. So finally I changed my music service to mysb.com, tried to save a preset, (it worked!) and after that, I could now save presets to my home installation of the squeezecenter.

There was probably a better way to describe that!

Thing 2. The plugin for PublicRadioFan (find it here: www dot malsbury dot net/~slim/ ) was listed as incompatible under the plugins as 'incompatible'. Well I figured out a workaround:

In the file install.xml found in C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\Plugins\PublicRadioFanBrow ser

change the 7.4+ to 7.5+ and save the file. Restart the squeezecenter service and it just plain works. It shows up in the Boom's 'Internet Radio' menu.

Anyway, I am so impressed with the Boom. It has such a vibrant following of clever 3rd party developers and slim/logitech folks seem really involved.

Cheers!

And sorry about the clunky url above, first post disallows links.

malsbury
2010-04-28, 07:25
You beat me to it, just last night I updated the plugin and the link on the wiki. It is working well with 7.5.

I am actually planning some updates to the plugin so it will be accesable from the new Squeezplay interface and 3rd party apps like iPeng (iPod/iPhone/iPad) and Squeeze Commander (Android).

I'll post an update to the forum when it is available. Until then you can grab the updated 7.5 version from my site: http://malsbury.net/~slim/

-Tom Malsbury

So I just got a new Squeezebox Boom. I set up my account at mysb and also upgraded the squeezecenter server I was running (for my old Roku R1000 to access) to v 7.5.

Thing 2. The plugin for PublicRadioFan (find it here: www dot malsbury dot net/~slim/ ) was listed as incompatible under the plugins as 'incompatible'. Well I figured out a workaround:

In the file install.xml found in C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\Plugins\PublicRadioFanBrow ser

change the 7.4+ to 7.5+ and save the file. Restart the squeezecenter service and it just plain works. It shows up in the Boom's 'Internet Radio' menu.

Anyway, I am so impressed with the Boom. It has such a vibrant following of clever 3rd party developers and slim/logitech folks seem really involved.

Cheers!

And sorry about the clunky url above, first post disallows links.