PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Local Stations?

Necromancyr
2010-04-20, 17:52
Is there a way to have more than one 'local' radio station set?

I'd like to have both stations local to my current abode and where I grew up available if possible

toby10
2010-04-21, 03:45
Is there a way to have more than one 'local' radio station set?

I'd like to have both stations local to my current abode and where I grew up available if possible

Well, you can't have both (from two different markets) in your Local menu.
Local is derived from either your IP or your zip code if using RadioTime.

But you can use RadioTimes Presets and Folders in your RadioTime App to do what you want.
Using www.RadioTime.com is quite customizable, then linked to your RadioTime App, all Folders and Presets will appear on your player.

Necromancyr
2010-04-21, 07:38
Ah ok. I made a RadioTime account but was trying to find a very easy way to have everything 'together'.

I'll have to go with it that way.

Will the presets that I add still have the nice icons, where applicable? (That's really the big reason I didn't want to do manually added presets...kind of an anal retentive reason but form is important as well as functionality).

toby10
2010-04-22, 04:01
Ah ok. I made a RadioTime account but was trying to find a very easy way to have everything 'together'.

I'll have to go with it that way.

Will the presets that I add still have the nice icons, where applicable? (That's really the big reason I didn't want to do manually added presets...kind of an anal retentive reason but form is important as well as functionality).

The only way to have them "together" is to add all such stations to your Favorites.
If you use the full SBS on your computer you can create a folder in Favorites and place all wanted streams into that one folder.
But this will not work if you connect directly to MySB for playback.

If by "icon" you mean the stations logo, yes. But I have seen some goofiness lately where the station logos come and go sporadically.
Sometimes while that station is playing.

Necromancyr
2010-04-22, 06:47
The only way to have them "together" is to add all such stations to your Favorites.
If you use the full SBS on your computer you can create a folder in Favorites and place all wanted streams into that one folder.
But this will not work if you connect directly to MySB for playback.

If by "icon" you mean the stations logo, yes. But I have seen some goofiness lately where the station logos come and go sporadically.
Sometimes while that station is playing.

Understood. Now to just figure out how to force my Radio to use my local SBS :).

toby10
2010-04-22, 08:18
Understood. Now to just figure out how to force my Radio to use my local SBS :).

Radio > My Music > Switch to library: *SBS*

Necromancyr
2010-04-22, 12:06
Hehe...I did that - or at least I entered the IP of my SBS and it detects my local music. Still seems to be using MySqueeze for certain things though.

This actually seems to be going into my other post here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=539024#post539024

toby10
2010-04-22, 12:56
Hehe...I did that - or at least I entered the IP of my SBS and it detects my local music. Still seems to be using MySqueeze for certain things though.

This actually seems to be going into my other post here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=539024#post539024

MySB is used in the background of SBS for internet radio, Apps, Music Services, etc..

If SBS is running on your computer on your network then your player should be able to see it via My Music without having to enter IP's.
If the player can't see SBS on your network via My Music then something is not correct with your network or settings.
Are you connecting all devices with a router?

Necromancyr
2010-04-22, 18:19
Yeah. It might have automagically worked, but I set it to use that network anyway just to 'make sure'. I have a WHS server so I have it all setup on there.

I think I actually didnt test it prior to switching the network to the inputted IP actually.

And everything goes to a router, that's directly wired to my connection (via FIOS).

All seems to be working fine right now. Only thing - RadioTime is NOT suppose to replace the local stations, right? It should be in MyApps and list something differently there.

toby10
2010-04-23, 02:29
All seems to be working fine right now. Only thing - RadioTime is NOT suppose to replace the local stations, right? It should be in MyApps and list something differently there.

RadioTime does indeed replace your local stations.
I believe everything within the Internet Radio menu is supplied by RadioTime, whether you have a RadioTime account or not.
If you don't have a RadioTime account then MySB guesses as to your "local" market based on your IP, then gets it's streams from RadioTime based on that guess.
If you link a RadioTime account to your MySB account then your "local" is whatever you told RadioTime was your location.

If you live in NYC but enter a San Diego zip code into RadioTime as your location, your "locals" will be the stations broadcasting in the San Diego market. ;)

Necromancyr
2010-04-23, 09:51
Yes, but the Presets doesn't come up in that menu via the normal radio stations section - it does via the RadioTime App. Sorry, that's what I actually meant.

toby10
2010-04-23, 10:32
Yes, but the Presets doesn't come up in that menu via the normal radio stations section - it does via the RadioTime App. Sorry, that's what I actually meant.

OIC, yes, that is correct.
You could probably do some customizations to your liking. Like keep Local to your true local, then use RadioTime's presets and folders for another areas/types, etc..
You can create multiple folders on RadioTime.

You have to keep in mind that the Internet Radio menu item is really more for the casual listener (you don't even need a MySB account to use it).
I think the more dedicated Internet Radio and Music Services listener will mostly use the My Apps menu.

An example, using RadioTime and your SBS web UI to easily save multiple "locals" each as a separate Folder in your SBS > Favorites:
SBS web UI > RadioTime > By Location > North America > United States > *pick state*
..... now hover your mouse over your desired city, click the HEART icon

This will create a unique, separate folder of that cities "locals" in your SBS > Favorites
Repeat for as many cities (or states, or countries, or continent). However you want it. :)