PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if this might need to be a Feature request

m1abrams
2010-04-19, 07:06
So this weekend I decided to play with syncing my 4 squeezeboxes for some whole house audio. It worked great. One thing though. I have my radio in the bedroom and use it as an alarm clock. I have not had one issue using it as an alarm clock. However I added this radio to the sync group. This morning when the alarm went off on the radio, it also went off on ALL of the 4 SBs around the house that I had it synced with.

Good news syncing works :)

I was thinking this is both a neat feature but also a potential issue. It might be nice to have an option in the Alarm setup for whether it should act independent of any sync group or not.

Aslak3
2010-04-19, 11:00
I tend to make sure the other players are powered off when I leave them synced and use the alarm the next morning. A "off" player won't make a sound, even if it's synced.

Also, some people might think the idea of all players making alarm noise is a cool feature. :)

But yes, maybe it would be nice if alarm noise wasn't synced.

m1abrams
2010-04-19, 11:35
I tend to make sure the other players are powered off when I leave them synced and use the alarm the next morning. A "off" player won't make a sound, even if it's synced.

Also, some people might think the idea of all players making alarm noise is a cool feature. :)

But yes, maybe it would be nice if alarm noise wasn't synced.

Ah yes except if you set them up to sync the on/off state :) Which I did of course they will properly turn themselves back on. Thankfully the one connected to the large stereo can not turn on the actually stereo, however the others are connected to active speakers that are left on.

Mnyb
2010-04-19, 12:12
I have posted this as a potential enhancement in different forms, get turned down to wont-fix every time ;)

Imho a player with an alarm scheduled should:

1. Optionally unsync do the alarm get back to it's sync group when finished.

2. Optionally do it's alarm thing/playlist/noise and then return to it's previus NP playlist, when done.

But I got it, won't litter bugzilla with again, or maybe I sneak it back in if they get some new guys ;)

Apparently risky/complicated to do.

pski
2010-04-19, 19:16
I have posted this as a potential enhancement in different forms, get turned down to wont-fix every time ;)

Imho a player with an alarm scheduled should:

1. Optionally unsync do the alarm get back to it's sync group when finished.

2. Optionally do it's alarm thing/playlist/noise and then return to it's previus NP playlist, when done.

But I got it, won't litter bugzilla with again, or maybe I sneak it back in if they get some new guys ;)

Apparently risky/complicated to do.

Not necessarily risky. They just don't know the concept of "establish a priority."

eg. current sync setup should be "assign player to sync group" (to those who want unlimited sync groups: forget it!)

Next to each player would be a bullet list of what to sync. (Alarms, volume absolute, volume relative, transfer to other server.) A similar list of options at the player level would override any sync group handling.

The first group encountered RULES (in case a player's in a number of groups) and just to be sure, the rules would be incorporated into an "are you sure?" screen that displays the results of the rules before "apply."

The same display would be available in the sync menu shown as "show current setup."

Sorry. I program (well.)

P