PDA

View Full Version : Ipeng Problems

gellie
2010-04-18, 04:09
I cant seem to figure out how to play a album from start to finish in the correct order. Can only get it to play in shuffle mode.Thx

pippin
2010-04-18, 04:35
I cant seem to figure out how to play a album from start to finish in the correct order. Can only get it to play in shuffle mode.Thx

You have seen this?
Help->Quick Tutorials->Albums/Playlists

It's what automatically came up when you first opened an album.

gellie
2010-04-19, 06:50
seen it. still not very intuitive. Going to purchase the Squeezbox controller.

pippin
2010-04-19, 06:54
seen it. still not very intuitive. Going to purchase the Squeezbox controller.

It's exactly the same as for iPhone's own iPod app: just tap the track you want to start with. If you want to start from track one, tap track 1.
What's not intuitive on this? Apart from the fact that it's exactly the same on the Squeezebox Controller, too...

Plus: "Intuitive" isn't everything. The most "intuitive" way to do something is to have an extra button or menu item for everything. Long term, it's also the most annoying way to do thing because it adds extra work to each and every action you do.

gellie
2010-04-19, 07:21
When i click on the first track it only plays the first track. I can only get the Whole album to play is to add all the tracks into a play list.

pippin
2010-04-19, 07:52
When i click on the first track it only plays the first track. I can only get the Whole album to play is to add all the tracks into a play list.

Have you changed the "Play Single Track" setting in iPeng settings?

What are you trying to play? A local Track or a track from Napster/Rhapsody? Which Squeezebox Server version is this?

Or did you "hold" the first item to play it?

Out of the box, iPeng _always_ plays the whole album if you "play" a track, just like iPhone - and Squeezeboxes, these days.

gellie
2010-04-19, 09:28
play single track is selected to off, trying to play a cd i ripped into itunes that i moved over to a external HD to my touch.

pippin
2010-04-19, 09:56
play single track is selected to off, trying to play a cd i ripped into itunes that i moved over to a external HD to my touch.

And you are tapping a track in that album? Not holding or something, just tap the track.
You are seeing the whole album, right? Like in here:
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/Shuffle12.png

Then iPeng will play the whole album. In straight order. No way around that, the Touch will not know about the track, just the album and where in the album to start.

If your touch repeats a single track, maybe you have set "repeat" to "repeat track":
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/how-to-use-the-ipeng-application/nowplaying/

gellie
2010-04-19, 10:38
thx ill check when i get home.