PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 7.5, then Player Not Found



Oppala
2010-04-16, 15:25
SB3 and WinXP. Had the upgrade nag for a few weeks, finally relented on Wed. SB3 hasn't worked since, Player Not Found.

I've checked diag in Control Panel, all seems ok. I've changed Security in SBS Advanced\Network to address 198.127.1.* and I've rebooted everything. I've checked the Ports, these seem to be ok, tho assume diag would highlight this if it was a problem.

I've searched this forum for a couple hours and can't find anything that addresses my problem.

I guess the easy answer would be reinstall 7.4.2, but I don't like to downgrade unless it's the only answer.

Thoughts anyone please?

Thanks, Mike

snarlydwarf
2010-04-16, 17:45
SB3 and WinXP. Had the upgrade nag for a few weeks, finally relented on Wed. SB3 hasn't worked since, Player Not Found.

I've checked diag in Control Panel, all seems ok. I've changed Security in SBS Advanced\Network to address 198.127.1.* and I've rebooted everything. I've checked the Ports, these seem to be ok, tho assume diag would highlight this if it was a problem.


192.127.1.* would be a network at Lawrence Berkeley Lab... I don't think that's correct.

It would be best to NOT use that unless your server happens to be on the real internet instead of behind a router.

That may very well be your problem, since your players will most likely be 192.168 something, and 127.0.0.1 is the local machine.

peterw
2010-04-16, 17:58
I've checked the Ports, these seem to be ok
...
Thoughts anyone please?


Firewall software configured to allow connections to specific EXEs, and the new EXE having a different path or checksum?

pski
2010-04-16, 18:09
SB3 and WinXP. Had the upgrade nag for a few weeks, finally relented on Wed. SB3 hasn't worked since, Player Not Found.

I've checked diag in Control Panel, all seems ok. I've changed Security in SBS Advanced\Network to address 198.127.1.* and I've rebooted everything. I've checked the Ports, these seem to be ok, tho assume diag would highlight this if it was a problem.

I've searched this forum for a couple hours and can't find anything that addresses my problem.

I guess the easy answer would be reinstall 7.4.2, but I don't like to downgrade unless it's the only answer.

Thoughts anyone please?

Thanks, Mike

198.127.1.* is a range of machines from 198.127.1.0 thru 198.127.1.255 and I don't think you have a "web proxy" there.

For the most part that field should be blank (as below mentioned.)

If you've put that value in a different field be sure to type back.

P

1. Take out the above entry (using the webUI and don't forget "apply.")
2. Restart the SBS computer.
3. If your computer doesn't have a "new" network card, you should be able to use the "music source" on the SB3 to connect. Remember, the players look for servers NOT the other way around.

Phil Leigh
2010-04-17, 03:32
when you have done a pski says (you must remove that entry in web proxy!) reboot your router, then your server, then your SB3