PDA

View Full Version : transcoding on whs

chinaski
2010-04-13, 17:44
Hello all.

I have squeeze 7.4.2 installed on a windows home server. I'm trying to get streaming working remotely. All is well for mp3's, but most of my collection is flac and transcoding does not work at the moment.

I have put lame.exe in the C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Bin folder. When I go to the settings->player->audio it says :

(Note: You do not appear to have LAME installed. Squeezebox Server will need the LAME MP3 encoder installed on your system to do conversion to MP3. You can find out more about LAME here.)

So how to install Lame?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

JJZolx
2010-04-13, 17:50
I have put lame.exe in the C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Bin folder.

Do you have a

C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

folder? That's where it goes on Windows.

pski
2010-04-13, 18:08
Do you have a

C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

folder? That's where it goes on Windows.

+1+1

You only need lame.exe at that (((or a similar))) location (((since not all winders is 32 bit.. some is 64 bit..)))

Lame is here (pick the top one.)

http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php

P

After it's "installed" you would change the lame quality to best (slowest) and then set your limit to about 192K. Note this is in each players "AUDIO" setting.. Use bandwidthplace.com or 2wire.com or such a place to check your "upload" speed. If you use it remote and come home, don't forget to "turn it up."

If your SBS is on a "slow" computer, you might want to change the lame quality..

chinaski
2010-04-13, 21:16
I have moved the lame.exe file to C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread but I'm still getting the "lame not installed" message when I look at player->audio

I have restarted squeeze but no effect.

mherger
2010-04-13, 22:58
> I have moved the lame.exe file to C:\Program
> Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

It's Squeezebox today, not SqueezeCenter.

--

Michael

chinaski
2010-04-14, 07:12
Lord, my bad. Thanks for the assist. Working now.

chinaski