Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gdg
    • Jul 2005

Does one need router for SB3?

I'm about to sell my wired SB3 but it occurred to me that I may have a use for it if it can be plugged directly into the eternet port of a PC. Is there any need for a router if I have an ethernet port available?
  • snarlydwarf
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by gdg
    I'm about to sell my wired SB3 but it occurred to me that I may have a use for it if it can be plugged directly into the eternet port of a PC. Is there any need for a router if I have an ethernet port available?
    It can be, you can probably use Internet Connection Sharing... of course, when you turn off your computer it will be useless.

Comment

• pski

Originally posted by gdg
      Another alternative is a "switch" rather than a router. Think of it as a six-plug tab (like power) except for ethernet connections.

If you have dsl/cable, your modem is probably giving out ip addresses so you could plug the modem, PC, and SB3 into the switch.

P

Comment

Working...