Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoCubs72
    • Jan 2009

Do not upgrade to 7.5

Since I didn't see a thread about 7.5 challenges, I wanted to make sure that those with a Boom that use Pandora/Slacker with mysqueezebox DO NOT upgrade to 7.5 unless you are feeling lucky or hear otherwise. I have a Duet, 2 Radios and a Boom and all of them have been affected as follows:

I called Support since I thought it was a one off issue with me, but after seeing the above it's obvious many people are affected. Unfortunately, Support had not heard of these issues, but it looks like it's consistent and I don't want anyone to waste a weekend as I did trying to resolve.
  • SuperQ
    • Nov 2005

Have you tried downloading 7.4.2?

You don't need to start a new thread when there is already an open bug for an issue.

Comment

• GoCubs72
      • Jan 2009

SuperQ - interesting response. But, I am aware of this, thank you.

You obviously misinterpreted the point of my note. The purpose of my note was to save others the time and aggravation i endured by installing buggy firmware.

As for the bug, I could see if a timer was missed or something, but the point of the device is to play music - which this bug prohibits.

Comment

• alfista
        • Aug 2009

But 7.5.0 did not contain any firmware upgrade for the Boom so your conclusion seems a bit off the mark. The problems reported in the thread you refer to were most likely caused by the MySB instability that occurred last week.

Comment

• GoCubs72
          • Jan 2009

Alfista, incorrect. All of my SBs, including the Boom, requested update. This is a wide spread well known issue that has rendered many SBs to be bricks.

I've reposted link to thread:

Comment

• maggior
            • Dec 2006

It depends on what version you are upgrading from. Just last night I upgraded from 7.4.2 to 7.5.0 and none of my SB devices updated their FW except for the controller.
            Rich
            ---------
            Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
            Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
            http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Comment

• aubuti
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by maggior
              It depends on what version you are upgrading from. Just last night I upgraded from 7.4.2 to 7.5.0 and none of my SB devices updated their FW except for the controller.
              That's right. Take a look at http://update.slimdevices.com/updates. Between 7.4.2 and 7.5.0 the fw is unchanged for all of the IP3K-based devices: Boom (50), SB2 & SB3 (130), SBR (65), and Transporter (80). Only the SqueezePlay-based devices (Radio, SBC, Touch) had fw updates between 7.4.2 and 7.5.0.
              Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
              Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
              Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
              Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
              Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
              Bedroom: SB Radio
              Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
              LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• snarlydwarf
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by GoCubs72
                Alfista, incorrect. All of my SBs, including the Boom, requested update. This is a wide spread well known issue that has rendered many SBs to be bricks.
                Oh, please.

"Slacker plays one song then stops" is hardly a brick.

(In fact it may very well have NOTHING to do with firmware on your players but more likely changes at MySB.COM and/or slacker Your overstatements of the problem only detract for making a proper diagnosis.)

Comment

• garym
                  • May 2008

agree, my booms, transporter, & duet did NOT request an upgrade. I was running 7.4.2 before upgrading to 7.5.
                  Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                  Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                  Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                  The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                  Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
                  Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• brucegrr
                    • Feb 2006

Yeah, I was actually surprised when I updated to 7.5 I thought something was wrong. No firmware update?

Bruce

Comment

• Ben Sandee

Do not upgrade to 7.5

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:30 AM, GoCubs72
                      <GoCubs72.49eunb1271251921 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
                      >
                      > Alfista, incorrect.  All of my SBs, including the Boom, requested
                      > update.  This is a wide spread well known issue that has rendered many
                      > SBs to be bricks.

Hyperbole isn't helpful, it just makes you look uninformed. Your
                      devices aren't "bricks" if the symptoms are what are described in
                      those threads.

Ben

Comment

• maggior
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by brucegrr
                        Yeah, I was actually surprised when I updated to 7.5 I thought something was wrong. No firmware update?

Bruce
                        ...and no rescan of my library! It was by far the smoothest and fastest update of squeezebox software I've ever done!
                        Rich
                        ---------
                        Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
                        Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
                        http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Comment

• alfista
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by maggior
                          It depends on what version you are upgrading from.
                          True, but this was about a Boom on MySB and then it would already have the FW that came with 7.4.x, hence no upgrade.
                          As for the linked thread, it's not only about an unrelated problem, it's about a different SB.

Comment

• Muele
                            • Nov 2008

Op: 3/10
                            BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze and SqueezePlayer on Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Comment

• Phil Leigh
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by GoCubs72
                              Since I didn't see a thread about 7.5 challenges, I wanted to make sure that those with a Boom that use Pandora/Slacker with mysqueezebox DO NOT upgrade to 7.5 unless you are feeling lucky or hear otherwise. I have a Duet, 2 Radios and a Boom and all of them have been affected as follows:

I called Support since I thought it was a one off issue with me, but after seeing the above it's obvious many people are affected. Unfortunately, Support had not heard of these issues, but it looks like it's consistent and I don't want anyone to waste a weekend as I did trying to resolve.
                              Thanks for your helpful input.
                              2/10
                              You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
                              Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
                              Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
                              Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Comment

Working...