PDA

View Full Version : Synchronize Volume farce

cidlockie
2010-04-12, 04:32
I'm at the end of my tether here, I hope someone can help.

My situation is this: I have an SB Duet in one room and an SB Radio in the other. Using Syncronisation I have managed to get the same music coming out of both.

The problem I have is with the volume syncronisation settings. No matter how I change the settings I am left with the same ludicrous situation: the volume knob on the SB Radio changes the volume of the SB Duet, but not the SB Radio itself. Currently, I cannot change the volume output of the SB Radio at all.

The situation I want is that the volume of the SB Duet is controlled by the controller, and the volume of the SB Radio is controlled by the know on the SB Radio. I do not need them to have their volume syncronised in any way.

Can anyone tell me how the settings should be to achieve this? If so, many thanks in advance.

Phil Leigh
2010-04-12, 04:44
I'm at the end of my tether here, I hope someone can help.

My situation is this: I have an SB Duet in one room and an SB Radio in the other. Using Syncronisation I have managed to get the same music coming out of both.

The problem I have is with the volume syncronisation settings. No matter how I change the settings I am left with the same ludicrous situation: the volume knob on the SB Radio changes the volume of the SB Duet, but not the SB Radio itself. Currently, I cannot change the volume output of the SB Radio at all.

The situation I want is that the volume of the SB Duet is controlled by the controller, and the volume of the SB Radio is controlled by the know on the SB Radio. I do not need them to have their volume syncronised in any way.

Can anyone tell me how the settings should be to achieve this? If so, many thanks in advance.

Do you have any plugins installed? - like volumelock maybe?

Phil Leigh
2010-04-12, 04:53
make sure your radio player settings look like this (in the web UI)
obviously you would have the receiver not a touch...

toby10
2010-04-12, 04:53
I'd also check to make sure you have not selected to control your Reciever with the Radio (Radio can act as a Controller).
Radio > Settings > Choose Player > Radio (should be checked)

Radio controlling another player will also have the effect you describe (Radio volume only affecting the other player).

Phil Leigh
2010-04-12, 04:57
I'd also check to make sure you have not selected to control your Reciever with the Radio (Radio can act as a Controller).
Radio > Settings > Choose Player > Radio (should be checked)

Radio controlling another player will also have the effect you describe (Radio volume only affecting the other player).

+1 - forgot that!

cidlockie
2010-04-12, 05:00
I think it must be the last thing, as in the Radio settings it has 'Squeezebox' (ie the Duet receiver) as the player, not the Radio.

Unfortunately it's not letting me choose the Radio as the player, when I scroll the wheel up one and select it, it just beeps, shifts very slightly to one side as it does when it's saying NO, and the selection doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong?

cidlockie
2010-04-12, 05:58
Well I've done a factory reset of the SB Radio and it seems to have fixed it. The other happy result is that I can now say I know my 26-character WEP key off by heart, given the number of times I've had to put it into this worthless product.

Thanks for quickly identifying the issue and helping me out gents, much appreciated.