Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadScientist
    • Jun 2006

Switching between local sever libraries and MySqueezebox.com

For the Controller, Radio and Duet, I can switch from MSB.com to a a local CD library by going to 'Switch Library' under 'My Music'. However, to get back to MSB.com I have to go through: 'Settings - 'Advanced' - 'Networking'. Is this the only way or I am missing something?

MS
  • toby10
    • Jul 2007

I can only speak for the Radio as I do not have a Duet.

On the Radio you can set a new Home Menu item called "Switch to MySB".
    Radio > Settings > Home Menu > Switch to MySB

Comment

• Mnyb
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by MadScientist
      For the Controller, Radio and Duet, I can switch from MSB.com to a a local CD library by going to 'Switch Library' under 'My Music'. However, to get back to MSB.com I have to go through: 'Settings - 'Advanced' - 'Networking'. Is this the only way or I am missing something?

MS
      The switch should be "automatic" they think. So when on local server everything you do goes trough the server,as the server can do all webradio things too if correctly setup (no need to switch to mysb.com when you have a server)

If the server is off and you choose webradio related stuff it shows a message and switches to mysb.com

When on mysb.com and choosing "my music" it should switch over to your local server.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
      Bedroom/Office: Boom
      Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
      Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
      iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
      (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
      server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• MadScientist
        • Jun 2006

Thanks for the replies.

I don't have a 'Switch to MySB' option in my Home Menu definition list. I'm running 7.5.0 r8673

I also find that the Radio will never go back to MySB when the local server is sleeping - the radio just sends a WOL to wake it up. I would like the option of easily switching from one server to the other.

MS

Comment

• Mnyb
          • Feb 2006

Thanks for the replies.

I don't have a 'Switch to MySB' option in my Home Menu definition list. I'm running 7.5.0 r8673

I also find that the Radio will never go back to MySB when the local server is sleeping - the radio just sends a WOL to wake it up. I would like the option of easily switching from one server to the other.

MS
          It's there don't scroll too fast then you miss it, it's between "shortcuts" and "audioplayback"
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
          Bedroom/Office: Boom
          Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
          Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
          iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
          (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
          server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• toby10
            • Jul 2007

Yeah, it's there, but it is quite a long list. It is 11 items UP from the last item listed.
            Use Radio's knob to go from the first item in the menu/list directly to the last item by scrolling UP, it will wrap around to the last item. Then go UP 11 items.

Once you add this to your Home Menu you should be able to bypass the WOL issue.
            Probably need to interrupt the "connecting to SBS" spinning circle by pressing the Home or back button, then navigate to "Switch to MySB".
            Last edited by toby10; 2010-04-11, 13:55.

Comment

• MadScientist
              • Jun 2006

Thanks, I've found it. It isn't in the home menu when connected to MySB but it is in the menu when connected to the local server. Great.

MS

Comment

• toby10
                • Jul 2007

Thanks, I've found it. It isn't in the home menu when connected to MySB but it is in the menu when connected to the local server. Great.

MS
                Correct. It's pointless to offer "switch to MySB" in the Home Menu when you are currently connected to MySB.
                IMHO: I think a "connect to SBS" Home Menu option should be offered as well, when connected to MySB.
                I know you can do so by selecting My Music or Switch Libraries, but I think this would add simplicity and continuity to the Home Menu, particularly for new users.

Comment

• sebage
                  • Dec 2005

toby - that's a good idea. I struggled to figure out how to do the switch simply. Something as a default option in the home root of the menu system would be good.
                  Main system: Transporter - Bel Canto S300 - B&W 703
                  Headphone system: SBT - Schiit Magni 2 - Sennheiser HD 650
                  In the other rooms: a number of SBR's
                  In a storage box, somewhere in a cupboard: SB1, SB3, Boom

Comment

Working...