How to save a radio station to favorites w/ 7.5?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ikabob
    • Aug 2009

How to save a radio station to favorites w/ 7.5?

There seems to be no option to save a new radio station to favorites while listening. Am I just missing something? Thank you .
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.
  • united59
    • Mar 2010

While listening to a stream, just press the "back-button" (left) and then "More" (+) and then you'll have the option to add to favorites.

Comment

• Ikabob
      • Aug 2009

Thank you. I never knew that .
      Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
      Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
      Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• Ikabob
        • Aug 2009

I tried that sequence and the playlist gets cleared. This is with the small remote on the Boom. I think I misunderstood something.
        Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• usch
          • Oct 2009

No, the tip was probably for the Radio where the + button brings up the context menu. That doesn't work on the Boom.

IIRC there used to be a favorites option when you pressed the right arrow button on the Now Playing screen, but that got lost in SBS 7.5 since they are now displaying the useless Radiotime menu instead of the SBS menu.

Comment

• united59
            • Mar 2010

Sorry, I meant on the Controller remote.

Comment

• toby10
              • Jul 2007

It gets confusing because the same buttons on different players perform different functions.

From Now Playing screen, arrow back and hover over the selected station, then..

For Boom: quick press of KNOB
              For Radio: press & hold KNOB or press "+"

..all sequences should offer "Save to Favorites"

Comment

• usch
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by toby10
                Yes, but that works only if you haven't done anything else since you started the station.

If you access any other menu or even press only the Home button, there is no way back.

Comment

• Ikabob
                  • Aug 2009

It gets confusing because the same buttons on different players perform different functions.

From Now Playing screen, arrow back and hover over the selected station, then..

Can this be done via IR remote? Thanks.
                  Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• toby10
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by usch
                    Yes, but that works only if you haven't done anything else since you started the station.

If you access any other menu or even press only the Home button, there is no way back.
                    Yup. Which is why we need the "Save to Favorites" back from the NP screen.

I'm just offering what workarounds I know of till they fix what they broke.

Comment

• usch
                      • Oct 2009

Ah, ok. We need the whole menu back, not only "Save to favorites". There used to be technical information, too, like the station's URL and bitrate. What they should have done is to add the radiotime menu to the original NP menu, instead of replacing it.

I wonder when they sneaked that change in. I've been using 7.5 beta for quite some time, but I only noticed the changed menu after the code freeze.

Comment

• Ikabob
                        • Aug 2009

Yes, we definitely need the whole menu back. But how? It is a major loss in function IMO .
                        Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• toby10
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by usch
                          Ah, ok. We need the whole menu back, not only "Save to favorites". There used to be technical information, too, like the station's URL and bitrate. What they should have done is to add the radiotime menu to the original NP menu, instead of replacing it.

I wonder when they sneaked that change in. I've been using 7.5 beta for quite some time, but I only noticed the changed menu after the code freeze.
                          I completely agree! The new RadioTime context menu is neat, I like it's additions. But lacking the most basic of station info (like you said, bitrate and format) is just plain silly.

Even the "choose a stream" is neat, where you may be offered like four different streams (at different bitrates) to choose from.
                          But this is POINTLESS information if I do not know which of those streams I am currently connected too.

My suggested options:
                          1. put the More Info tab back
                          2. put stream info (bitrate & format) as the first two context menu items, then offer me "You may like" etc..
                          3. when I hit "Choose a stream" but a bullet or short note next to the stream I am currently playing

Any one of the above would solve the issue, I'd prefer both 2 & 3 myself.

BTW: This change only affects RadioTime streams, all other streams are just as before offering bitrate & format info.

Comment

• toby10
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Ikabob
                            Yes, we definitely need the whole menu back. But how? It is a major loss in function IMO .
                            Ya know, all of this was fine until Ikabob came along, hmmmm.....

Having *no* inside information, my guess is that RadioTime wanted to add these cool new functions and the Logitech team implemented these changes while dealing with (read: overwhelmed with) Radio & Touch release, SBS and MySB updates, MySB connection issues, etc.. so some basics were left to future enhancements. Just a guess.

BTW: If you select "Choose a stream", hover over your choice (highest bitrate more than likely), "Save to Favorites" is offered as I described earlier.

Comment

• pippin
                              • Oct 2007

Having *no* inside information, my guess is that RadioTime wanted to add these cool new functions and the Logitech team implemented these changes while dealing with (read: overwhelmed with) Radio & Touch release, SBS and MySB updates, MySB connection issues, etc.. so some basics were left to future enhancements. Just a guess.
                              7.4 had some "fake" context menu for streaming xmlBrowser items because the "real" ones weren't working. In 7.5 these got removed and the "real" ones fixed, obviously this one got missing.
                              ---
                              learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
                              Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
                              at penguinlovesmusic.com
                              New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

Working...