PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to turn off the update nag?

corbey
2010-04-08, 05:29
I usually don't update to a new version of SBS until I'm fairly certain that it's not going to break any of the plugins I use regularly. So is there anyway to turn off the update nag that pops up periodically from the system tray? Thanks.

Phil Leigh
2010-04-08, 05:35
I usually don't update to a new version of SBS until I'm fairly certain that it's not going to break any of the plugins I use regularly. So is there anyway to turn off the update nag that pops up periodically from the system tray? Thanks.

Settings - Advanced - Software Updates in the Web UI...

corbey
2010-04-08, 05:41
Thanks for the quick response! I looked for something like that but missed it.

usch
2010-04-08, 05:43
Or you can simply close the tray applet (right click on the tray icon, "exit" or "quit" or whatever the menu item is called) and remove it from your autostart. It is not needed in order to run the server.

Benefactor
2010-04-08, 10:14
Nice...been wanting to get rid of that for awhile now.

Thanks

finnbrodersen
2010-04-08, 10:47
Settings - Advanced - Software Updates in the Web UI...

Alas it does not turn off the nag pop-up in SBS 7.4.2 on WinXP :-)

Should I file a bug :-)

mherger
2010-04-08, 21:32
> Alas it does not turn of the nag pop-up in SBS 7.4.2 on WinXP :-)

Delete the update installer from SBS' cache/updates folder.

> Should I file a bug :-)

If you feel like doing so. It won't make it to the P1 list though :-P

--

Michael

Adam
2010-04-15, 21:34
I'm wondering if what I am experiencing is "the update nag" or some type of malware.
I'm on OS X (snow leopard), and every day when I get home, something is prompting me to open the 32 bit version of the systems preferences for Squeeze center. But when I do get to the preferences pane, there is nothing obvious to be done in order to update to the newer version.
If this is the "nag" it seems terribly broken.

I would like to do the automatic update, but it's not obvious to me how this helps?

~ Adam

toby10
2010-04-16, 03:09
I'm wondering if what I am experiencing is "the update nag" or some type of malware.
I'm on OS X (snow leopard), and every day when I get home, something is prompting me to open the 32 bit version of the systems preferences for Squeeze center. But when I do get to the preferences pane, there is nothing obvious to be done in order to update to the newer version.
If this is the "nag" it seems terribly broken.

I would like to do the automatic update, but it's not obvious to me how this helps?

~ Adam

No, not the same thing as the update nag.