PDA

View Full Version : Exactly where can I buy a Touch?

maggior
2010-04-07, 09:49
I went to Logitech's main website and found the Touch, but it shows "out of stock". Amazon still shows it as a preorder. Clicking on "buy now" at the top of these forums takes me to a dead link.

Where exactly are people buying these?

iPhone
2010-04-07, 10:02
I went to Logitech's main website and found the Touch, but it shows "out of stock". Amazon still shows it as a preorder. Clicking on "buy now" at the top of these forums takes me to a dead link.

Where exactly are people buying these?

I have the same question. Both the Accessory and Online Store pages just time out. When I click on the Logitech.com link at the bottom of the Logitechsqueezebox.com page, it takes me to the French Logitech site. I speak French and read it fairly good so I followed the Produits links to the Squeezeboxes and its just a white page. So I type in Logitech.com/en-us and the Squeezebox page is a white page.

Just read another post that somebody just ordered their Touch, from what URL? Is there a phone number to do a phone order?

bklaas
2010-04-07, 10:28
It's being worked on right now. In a perfect world all of the wheels of big corporate ecommerce would be in sync. It is not a perfect world. :)

Touch is in stock, it's just a matter of getting the ecommerce sites updated.

If you call a Sales person and they tell you July, they have bad information.
If you try to buy and it says "out of stock", give it a little time. There is stock.

Finally, sorry. It's a good product worth waiting for. I feel your pain, I really do.

If I had to guess, Logi.com will be working before Amazon, but it's really just a guess.

#!/ben

gfuchs
2010-04-07, 11:01
Thanks for the update.
Hopefully they will be rolling out the door soon.

I am sure they will be worth the wait.

jstraw
2010-04-07, 11:19
It's being worked on right now. In a perfect world all of the wheels of big corporate ecommerce would be in sync. It is not a perfect world. :)
#!/ben

It's not that big of a deal. It's a plaything after all and I'll have mine in good time.

But let's be serious here...for a product launch for a fifth item in a current product line to fly below the radar inside the division is a bit odd. This would be like having to convince an Apple employee that the iPad really has been released. With a line as small as Squeezebox's, how can the latest product sneak out the door? Is there no internal cheerleading going on?

iPhone
2010-04-07, 11:28
It's not that big of a deal. It's a plaything after all and I'll have mine in good time.

But let's be serious here...for a product launch for a fifth item in a current product line to fly below the radar inside the division is a bit odd. This would be like having to convince an Apple employee that the iPad really has been released. With a line as small as Squeezebox's, how can the latest product sneak out the door? Is there no internal cheerleading going on?

Logitech's product line is HUGE compared to Apple's. There are multiple divisions at Logitech. And lastly, the CEO of Logitech didn't hold a news conference saying the Touch would be released on X date as Apple's CEO did.

active_mann
2010-04-07, 13:26
On the thread's initial topic: I just saw "in stock" for the Touch on logitech.com and placed an order. Woo hoo! Can't wait!
Amazon still shows "not yet released" (as of 4:25 pm ET in USA).

jeanwedding
2010-04-07, 14:07
Hope I can order thru Best Buy. wanna use the free no interest finacing
Thanks
Jean

maggior
2010-04-07, 14:20
Based on comments from MickeyG (the squeezebox product manager at Logitech), it will only be available from Best Buy online. They seem to only be interested in having things that have iPod docks in their stores.

I see that the Logitech website now shows that as "in stock".

I'm not in a dire need for one and won't be around for the next couple of weekends, so I'm going to hold off on my purchase. When the Radio came out, there were some good sales on Amazon. Perhaps the same thing will happen with the Touch on Amazon in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, I'm going to try upgrading to 7.5. Hopefully I don't regret it :-).

SuperQ
2010-04-07, 14:25
I wonder if it's still possible to buy them and pick them up from the office in mountain view. :)

Anybody know?

iPhone
2010-04-07, 14:46
I wonder if it's still possible to buy them and pick them up from the office in mountain view. :)

Anybody know?

From what Mickey says (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=531343&postcount=11) I don't think so.

aubuti
2010-04-07, 14:59
I strongly doubt it, since they've moved all sales to the mother ship. Also, a while ago it was posted that the MV office would be closing, and that the staff in MV would move to Logitech's facility in Fremont, though I don't know if that has happened yet.

Sike
2010-04-08, 05:34
I was just on the US Logitech site, it looks like it is Out of Stock.

I want to order one and get a friend in the states to ship it over with my iPad. Apparently the iPad won't arrive till Monday. So it would be great to be able to order today :)

divisionbell77
2010-04-08, 06:01
Any idea when it will be back in stock? Woke up to it apparently being 'in stock' for a short bit but apparently missed it last night.

maggior
2010-04-08, 06:08
Wow, I can't believe they sold out of them already! Hopefully this doesn't turn into a situation like the Receiver. Wow.

Either they sold a bazillion of these things in one day or there weren't that many piled up in the warehouse.

Or the e-commerce site was misinformed about the number of units in the warehouse :-).