PDA

View Full Version : Is the Touch being released today?

Sike
2010-04-07, 00:15
Maybe someone has stated this already.. but:

1: Squeezebox Server 7.5 is out
2: I have seen a lot of activity in the Wiki on the Touch

Could this be the proverbial 'it'?

flattermann
2010-04-07, 01:49
Maybe someone has stated this already.. but:

1: Squeezebox Server 7.5 is out
2: I have seen a lot of activity in the Wiki on the Touch

Could this be the proverbial 'it'?

It seems so.
Finally. :-)

usch
2010-04-07, 02:48
I wouldn't hold my breath. :) It would be wise to wait for a couple of days more to see if the new software version is really stable, especially on MySB.

I wonder what will happen when they open the flood gates and zillions of Touch units are requesting their initial firmware update all at the same time. Hopefully they are prepared for that, unlike last Christmas when all the Radios went online.

pookguy88
2010-04-07, 08:18
will my Squeezebox Server software automatically update to 7.5? I'm using 7.4x right now

iPhone
2010-04-07, 08:45
will my Squeezebox Server software automatically update to 7.5? I'm using 7.4x right now

I am not completely sure about this, but I think it will not. If you buy a Touch I think you will need to. If you want it, I think you have to go to the website and start a download. Once you have 7.5 installed, it will ask you if you want the latest update when other 7.5.x versions are available though.

I was in the Beta Branch so I had to go out and get it, there was no auto upgrade path in the Beta Branch except inside a specific 7.x path.

pski
2010-04-07, 11:55
I have two machines set to "check for updates" and "automatically download updates" and they both prompted me to use the "install update.." option on the tray.

Both updated to 7.5 without incident.

p

Sike
2010-04-07, 23:24
No Problems here either with the 7.5 Update. Although I expect 7.5.1 to be out by the time I get my touch...

How long will it take this time to get the touch to Europe and how overpriced will it be?

usch
2010-04-08, 03:17
How long will it take this time to get the touch to Europe and how overpriced will it be?
According to what I've read in other threads they seem to have more stock in Europe than in the US.

A search for "Logitech Squeezebox Touch" on amazon.de yields no result. Strangely, however, on the bottom of the page there is a recommendations box saying "People who searched for similar items also bought ... Logitech Squeezebox Touch". You can click through to the product page from the recommendation, but there is no price and no order button.

logitech.de lists the Touch for €299, given the current exchange rate that is 30% more expensive than the US price.