PDA

View Full Version : server / web interface confused between players

nickrout
2010-04-06, 01:23
Sometimes when using the web interface I am supposed to be controlling the player called Kitchen(SB3), but the music starts on Bedroom (Boom).

Very confusing and awful for the person in the other room.

Could it be because the machine that is now called Bedroom used to be called Kitchen, but I tried to change the names after moving the players around the house. Perhpas the old name is cached against the MAC address somewhere?

JJZolx
2010-04-06, 02:38
Sometimes when using the web interface I am supposed to be controlling the player called Kitchen(SB3), but the music starts on Bedroom (Boom).

Could it be because the machine that is now called Bedroom used to be called Kitchen, but I tried to change the names after moving the players around the house. Perhpas the old name is cached against the MAC address somewhere?

This is a common problem in the web interface. If you have the Settings page open in another window it's best to close it. That may help, but probably won't completely eliminate the problem.

Phil Leigh
2010-04-06, 04:09

you will find the details in the server.prefs file

mherger
2010-04-07, 00:33
Please note that I've backported a fix for this issue from 7.6 to 7.5.1. Please test it. Thanks!

(http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12173)