Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seimussier
    • Oct 2009

What is the latest firmware version?

My Squeezebox Duet's receiver is running firmware version 65. Is that the latest version available?
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

Yes
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
    Bedroom: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• funkstar
      • Nov 2005

Firmware version is matched to the server version. So providing you are running the latest release, you will be running the latest firmware as well.

It can happen, but it is unusual for a new firmware version to be pushed out to existing server versions. I think this is a lot more flexible with the SqueezeOS based devices like the Controller and the Radio.

If you were to run one of the nightly beta versions you would get daily build updates to the players if they are required.

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
      In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!

Comment

• seimussier
        • Oct 2009

Thank You very much for the info!

I'm running the latest stable version 7.4.2 and now I'm thinking of installing the 7.5.0. If I do that, will the receiver firmware be automatically updated when available?

Comment

• JJZolx
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by seimussier
          Thank You very much for the info!

I'm running the latest stable version 7.4.2 and now I'm thinking of installing the 7.5.0. If I do that, will the receiver firmware be automatically updated when available?
          Yes. But if you're considering this you should probably wait until the official release of 7.5.0, which should be in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• eganders
            • Feb 2009

If you'd like to do a bit of updating while waiting for 7.5.0, go to downloads.slimdevices.com, and download 7.4.3. It's a minimally patched version of 7.4.2. Meaning, it has a few more fixes than 7.4.2, so is a tad more stable, but only very minimally different than 7.4.2.

Comment

Working...