PDA

View Full Version : How to stream audio to Squeezebox on OS-X. Anyone?

radiognome
2010-04-04, 06:44
I was wondering if it could be possible to stream the audio of my MacBook to my Squeezebox Duet. In the sound control panel I can choose the output for sound (mostly 'internal speakers') and I thought it would be nice if it also said 'Squeezebox' so I could route the sound of movies or games to my stereo.

Some tries in Google did not yield a clue, so I ask it here. Does anyone know if this is possible? I found WaveInput for Windows and Linux, but I can not try them to see what they do.

Thanks for reading,

Martin

garym
2010-04-04, 06:53
wavinput plugin can stream your computer sounds to your SBoxes.

And for an entirely different approach....I'm not sure about the forthcoming TOUCH, but on my transporter, I have digital inputs, and I output S/PDIF via coax from the computer to the Transporter. So the few things I need to play on the computer rather than SqueezeboxServer (mainly wolfgang's vault live shows for me) I can play thru SBs by selecting digital in (that is, I'm simply using the transporter as a DAC for my computer soundcard output).

bpa
2010-04-04, 07:03
There is NO wavinput plugin for OSX - only Windows and Linux.

avta
2010-04-04, 07:40
When you say " audio of my Macbook " are you referring to audio files on the Macbook hard drive?

radiognome
2010-04-04, 08:14
When you say " audio of my Macbook " are you referring to audio files on the Macbook hard drive?

No, I mean audio from e.g. tv-shows we can watch here in the Netherlands over the internet, or like the audio on youtube-video's

All the audio-files on my HD are already served by Squeezebox server :-)

mikerob
2010-04-04, 09:17
You can use Nicecast (http://rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/) to select an audio source on the Mac then stream this to a Squeezebox.

radiognome
2010-04-04, 14:22
You can use Nicecast (http://rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/) to select an audio source on the Mac then stream this to a Squeezebox.

Thanks I'll have a look at it. Seems like it would do the trick.

funkstar
2010-04-05, 01:12
Thanks I'll have a look at it. Seems like it would do the trick.
Getting this, or any other software to synchronise the audio and video will be near impossible. Squeezeboxes just were not built for that usage at all.