PDA

View Full Version : Release date touch 10th of april

SilverRS8
2010-03-31, 09:07
www.wifimedia.eu

At least in the Netherlands that is. Bit of a strange date since it is a Saturday. But hey, I don't mind if it is the monday after... Has been on backorder for months so I hope I'm with the first batch...

MrRalph
2010-03-31, 10:00
More specific, he will be available @ Wifimedia on the 10th and will be shipped the same day. Jummy!

iPhone
2010-03-31, 10:23
Is the site available in English?

SilverRS8
2010-03-31, 10:25
Is the site available in English?

Nope (not all of it). Google translated version:

As of April 10 in stock!
After the long wait for the release date of April 10 he Squeezebox Touch will come with us.
We will first have large stock of the Netherlands. Only back orders will be shipped same day.
Because there is a limited stock we give everyone a chance to book, if you want one please send us an email or order it online so you're not telat!

The first model of the Squeezebox Touch has been some months in our shop to view exclusive. Compare these alongside other Squeezebox products or drop by for a comprehensive advice.

iPhone
2010-03-31, 10:35
Thanks SilverRS8 for the translation.

I know its early, but this doesn't appear to have hit any of the gadget tech sites as news yet. Amazon still has no date and even says, this item has not yet been released. It is only available for pre-order.

SilverRS8
2010-03-31, 10:37
Thanks SilverRS8 for the translation.

I know its early, but this doesn't appear to have hit any of the gadget tech sites as news yet. Amazon still has no date and even says, this item has not yet been released. It is only available for pre-order.

Wifimedia is the number one squeezebox seller in the netherlands. Even sold the SB3 while it was sold out everywhere else during the Touch wait period. They have a very good relationship with Logitech and I doubt they will risk posting an non confirmed announcement.

Phileas
2010-03-31, 11:01
Not quite as specific but:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/stockenquiry/stockenquiry_popup.cfm?product_id=6176

active_mann
2010-03-31, 13:51
Now that the Touch release appears to be imminent, should I be pre-ordering directly from Logitech or through another vendor (Amazon, etc.) instead, in order to get a Touch in the U.S. as quickly as possible? (After all of you who have already pre-ordered get your Touches, of course!)
There may not be any way to know the answer to this question, but it seemed worth asking.

bluegaspode
2010-03-31, 15:13
The Radio was faster via Logitech back than (in Germany).

bigbwb
2010-03-31, 16:29
I just pre-orderd from amazon with the free shipping. Hopefully once its finally released, the pre-orders will be filled somewhat soon:)

I will be replacing my SB3 and from the sounds of the beta testers, the analog outs of the Touch are an improvement. I run the analog outs into a 2 ch preamp, so their performance is important to me. Even a very small increase in SQ will be much appreciated!

toby10
2010-04-01, 04:07
Let's hope this is not a cruel April Fools joke. :)

BrianB
2010-04-05, 08:31
Let's hope this is not a cruel April Fools joke. :)

Starting to look like it was some more misinformation...

iPhone
2010-04-05, 08:44
Starting to look like it was some more misinformation...

Not to argue, but maybe misinformation isn't the correct word with wishful thinking being more appropriate. Remember the source was not Logitech or the division that produces the Squeezebox. The source is a retailer and I think we all know what that means and to take it with a grain of salt. Who knows they could be trying to build pre-order hype. Some employee may have been required to stick a date in a field to get the order page to build, IE who knows where the April 10 date came from and more to the point why.

When Logitech says the Touch is released, is when I think one can depend on that date (or when Amazon starts actually shipping).

BrianB
2010-04-05, 13:25
Not to argue, but maybe misinformation isn't the correct word with wishful thinking being more appropriate. Remember the source was not Logitech or the division that produces the Squeezebox.

Well, it was still misinformation, just not from Logitech.

When speaking of Logitech, I think the correct word(s) would be "no information". ;)

MrRalph
2010-04-06, 00:07
I wil still get mine the 10th according to my Dutch wifimedia supplier... We'll see...

iPhone
2010-04-06, 09:03
I wil still get mine the 10th according to my Dutch wifimedia supplier... We'll see...

The biggest problem I have is with the date, as in its a Saturday. UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday here in the States and one pays through the nose when FedEx does. I just don't see it happening on the 10th of April because I still see that as an arbitrary date because its a weekend day.

And since the EU doesn't even like working a 40 hour week, who delivers on Saturday? And if they do, does it cost less then a new BMW?

Not raining on your parade, but again I have a big issue with Saturday.

Hofstede
2010-04-06, 09:33
The Wifimedia shop is a Dutch shop/website. One of the warehouses of Logitech in Europe is in the Netherlands. In the past when I ordered from Logitechs European website the package was delivered to me the next day. And in the Netherlands UPS is one of the few shipping companies that does not deliver on a Saturday, the others do, even without extra charge.
So if Logitech ships on Friday, the shop will have them in on Saturday. Note that the shop is not saying the release date is on Saturday April 10, or that they will deliver to their customers on that day, they only state that they will get their first batch of Touches in on Saturday.

But it all comes down to one thing: Either you believe the shop or you don't. We'll see.

Oh and about working more than 40 hours per week: Why work more if you don't need to? :)

verypsb
2010-04-06, 11:11
If you look at the nightlies, it looks like Squeezebox Server 7.5.0 has been released...
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Nightly_Builds

themrock
2010-04-06, 11:40
a beta-Tester (the guy who is the developer of ipeng)wrote in a german forum, that the touch will be released tomorrow (7.4.10) in Europe.Logitech gave him a written information.

pippin
2010-04-06, 12:01
"written" was here.

maggior
2010-04-06, 12:09
... the touch will be released tomorrow (7.4.10)

What, it's gonna be released on July 4th? ;-).

For those that don't know, the European convention for specifying dates is dd/mm/yy rather than mm/dd/yy. This can create all sorts of confusion as you can imagine.

iPhone
2010-04-06, 12:14
"written" was here.

Well not exactly "Here" but in that other place, Doh!

Maggior: I was going to post the same thing, but didn't want to make it anymore confusing then it already is. Anyway thanks for posting what I was also thinking!

dave77
2010-04-06, 12:20
Logitech gave him a written information.

Doesn't mean much really. December was written on their website back when I ordered it :) Hopefully we'll all have one by the weekend now!

maggior
2010-04-06, 12:20
Well not exactly "Here" but in that other place, Doh!

I was wondering what was meant by "here". Since "here" isn't really here, is "here" the secret beta forum?

I realize you guys probably can't answer this, but if it is this close, perhaps it doesn't matter any more.

Here here! :-).

Chunkywizard
2010-04-06, 12:37
7.5.0 is up at mysqueezebox.com and is talked about along with the Touch here: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Release_Notes

Looks like tomorrow will be the day...

CW

dave77
2010-04-06, 12:38
7.5 is out :)
http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download

maggior
2010-04-06, 12:39
Here we go...wweeeeeeeeee :-)

erland
2010-04-06, 12:40
I was wondering what was meant by "here". Since "here" isn't really here, is "here" the secret beta forum?

"Here" is always here, it's just a matter of scope.

Could be:
- "Here" in this forum section
- "Here" on these forums
- "Here" on internet
- "Here" on earth
- "Here" in this solar system
- "Here" in this universe
- "Here" in this dimension

:-)

Independent which, it doesn't really matter, I'm sure it will be officially announced by someone from Logitech when they are ready.

iPhone
2010-04-06, 12:46
"Here" is always here, it's just a matter of scope.

Could be:
- "Here" in this forum section
- "Here" on these forums
- "Here" on internet
- "Here" on earth
- "Here" in this solar system
- "Here" in this universe
- "Here" in this dimension

:-)

+1

Excellent reply and even better point/insight! It is after all, all 'Here' in the electronic ether, so as you pointed out it is all "Here" after all in the end, the now, the past, and future HERE.

maggior
2010-04-06, 12:49
+1

Excellent reply and even better point/insight! It is after all, all 'Here' in the electronic ether, so as you pointed out it is all "Here" after all in the end, the now, the past, and future HERE.

Thus making "there" irrelevant! Everything is here.

maggior
2010-04-06, 13:22
Here are the release notes:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Release_Notes

Ikabob
2010-04-06, 13:53
At logitech.com it shows the Touch is "in stock"! Exciting....I hope that they honor the preorders early-on. My order still is listed as "in process". I am really looking forward to getting the touch soon!

nicoleif
2010-04-06, 13:58
Will there also be leased an official firmware update for the Duet Controller (If I am not mistaken it still runs a 7.4.1 version)?

themrock
2010-04-06, 14:04
"written" was here.
Are you "coolio107" ???
If yes, great to see you.

iPhone
2010-04-06, 14:05
Will there also be released an official firmware update for the Duet Controller (If I am not mistaken it still runs a 7.4.1 version)?

Do you have r8673 on your Controller now? If no, then either wait for your SBS 7.5 to pull it down or shut SBS down, restart your PC/Server, restart SBS and it should pull it down.

slate
2010-04-06, 14:06
jep it is out http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Release_Notes

bluegaspode
2010-04-06, 15:52
Did anyone tell the guy who made the videos at
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay_7.5.0_Release_Notes
that you shouldn't be standing in front of a reflective device reading his text ?

At least he's not naked *g*

JJZolx
2010-04-06, 15:58
Did anyone tell the guy who made the videos at
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay_7.5.0_Release_Notes
that you shouldn't be standing in front of a reflective device reading his text ?

It also would have been smarter to use the right hand to demonstrate the touch interface, since so many actions, particularly with the scroll bar, block the display from the camera.

bluegaspode
2010-04-06, 15:58
And at least one person was seriously punished because of all these delays, look at all the wounds on his hand ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uhKF-Vy_wg&feature=player_embedded

bluegaspode
2010-04-06, 15:59
It also would have been smarter to use the right hand to demonstrate the touch interface, since so many actions, particularly with the scroll bar, block the display from the camera.

See - he didn't want to show the injuries on his right arm !

agentsmith
2010-04-06, 20:38
The silence from Slim is deafening.

I for one has given up the Touch and ordered back a Transporter which I have sold previously.

bonze
2010-04-07, 01:14

I for one has given up the Touch and ordered back a Transporter which I have sold previously.

Slim?

maggior
2010-04-07, 06:21

I think they are all nursing their hangovers from the big party last night to celebrate the release of 7.5. ;-)

tomasito
2010-04-07, 06:43
3 days more to go! exciting
Like an Ipad release...is there anybody who is going to campout at the logitech building?

mr-b
2010-04-07, 06:52
Logitech Europe support just said that the Touch was released yesterday lunchtime - express delivery orders get priority shipment with expected delivery by the end of this week. Pennypinching misers get theirs next week. ;)

maggior
2010-04-07, 07:14
It's official:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/announcement.php?f=34

Congrats Logitech. Hopefully it'll turn out to have been worth the wait!!

iPhone
2010-04-07, 07:14
Logitech Europe support just said that the Touch was released yesterday lunchtime - express delivery orders get priority shipment with expected delivery by the end of this week. Pennypinching misers get theirs next week. ;)

Forum Announcement: Touch Released (http://forums.slimdevices.com/announcement.php?f=2)

maggior
2010-04-07, 07:18
iPhone - we gotta stop colliding like this :-).

I'm wondering when it will be available from suppliers other than Logitech, such as Amazon and Best Buy. Anybody know?

bpa
2010-04-07, 07:30
I'm wondering when it will be available from suppliers other than Logitech, such as Amazon and Best Buy. Anybody know?

See MickeyG post

No idea. From what we can tell from pre-orders, it's a big hit in Europe. It will probably be available from those retailers in a few days.

In the United States, it will be available on the web and not at Best Buy. US retailers seem to want an iPod dock on anything in their stores. :-(

maggior
2010-04-07, 07:33
See MickeyG post http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=530760&postcount=6

Is this post in some secret forum? When I click your link, I'm told I don't have permission.

SteveEast
2010-04-07, 07:42
Is this post in some secret forum? When I click your link, I'm told I don't have permission.

Try:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/announcement.php?f=2

Steve.

jstraw
2010-04-07, 07:43

Me too.

I'm pretty excited. I just watched all the videos and the feature set exceeds my expectations.

I'd love to know when my March 11, Logitech "Order in process" will ship.

iPhone
2010-04-07, 07:48

I hope this is OK with Mickey and Logitech, if not, an admin/moderator please delete this post.

It is from the Touch Beta Forum.

Posting to Mickey G from iPhone about the Touch Release:

Great news Mickey! Congratulations to the whole team. I have enjoyed this Beta Program and was glad to be invited and involved. Any idea when it will be in retail stores?

Reply from Mickey:

No idea. From what we can tell from pre-orders, it's a big hit in Europe. It will probably be available from those retailers in a few days.

In the United States, it will be available on the web and not at Best Buy. US retailers seem to want an iPod dock on anything in their stores. :-(

Mickey

So web wise I would say Amazon. US Retailers looks like it might be a while before its is seen there if at all.

maggior
2010-04-07, 07:58
Try:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/announcement.php?f=2

Steve.

I got that - he doesn't say anything about availability from other retailers in that posting.

maggior
2010-04-07, 08:00
I hope this is OK with Mickey and Logitech, if not, an admin/moderator please delete this post.

It is from the Touch Beta Forum.

Great news Mickey! Congratulations to the whole team. I have enjoyed this Beta Program and was glad to be invited and involved. Any idea when it will be in retail stores?

Reply from Mickey:

Mickey

So web wise I would say Amazon. US Retailers looks like it might be a while before its is seen there if at all.

Thanks iPhone. I'd rather give Amazon my business anyway - I don't have much love for Best Buy.

Ikabob
2010-04-07, 09:56
What about the pre-orders in the US. Anyone know when they might be going out? My order still says "in process". I would like to see that change. Anyone?

dave77
2010-04-07, 10:18
What about the pre-orders in the US. Anyone know when they might be going out? My order still says "in process". I would like to see that change. Anyone?

Same for my UK order, what's going on with them, they're showing in stock now, get them sent out!!

toby10
2010-04-07, 10:29

I don't think the Touch beta forums have been unlocked yet.
This is where MickeyG posted his comment.

krochat
2010-04-07, 10:30

FWIW, I've had a pre-order with Crutchfield since November. Today the order status has gone from "preorder" to "backorder". I contacted them and they said they had no ETA for delivery.

Birthday in 2 weeks and fingers crossed,
Kim

Kevint
2010-04-07, 10:31
Same for my UK order, what's going on with them, they're showing in stock now, get them sent out!!

On the UK site I can 'Add to cart' but then it shows as Out of Stock, so infuriating having waited this long.

testmatch
2010-04-07, 10:43

I contacted Logitech UK about my October pre-order and they assured me that mine will be despatched from Holland tomorrow. So with the 3/4 business days free delivery option I picked last year, it should reach me in England on Monday or Tuesday.

chrislemasters
2010-04-07, 11:34

LOL. Plenty of room for logitech steering wheels, laptop coolers, and gamepads at best buy.

dave77
2010-04-08, 05:08
I contacted Logitech UK about my October pre-order and they assured me that mine will be despatched from Holland tomorrow. So with the 3/4 business days free delivery option I picked last year, it should reach me in England on Monday or Tuesday.

No change in my order status yet.

mmca22gr
2010-04-08, 06:48
I got a UPS email.
Scheduled Delivery: 14-April-2010
I ordered in October and am UK based.

shevans
2010-04-08, 06:49
Just received shipping details from UPS! delivery due 12th April to UK, but not sure which year...

kesey
2010-04-08, 06:54
Just received shipping details from UPS! delivery due 12th April to UK, but not sure which year...

I'm listed as the 12th also, Scheduled Delivery: 12-April-2010.

yeehah:-)

SJobson
2010-04-08, 06:55
UK here - pre-ordered last October, due for delivery 12 April 2010. Not sure what I'm going to use it for now!

c3p0
2010-04-08, 06:57
I too have a UPS delivery date of the 12th April, which fits in nicely as i am due to hear a eastern electric DAC based on the ESS sabre chip tomorrow!!!

bonze
2010-04-08, 07:01
UK here - pre-ordered last October, due for delivery 12 April 2010.
"Me too" (gonna see a lot of those....)

Not sure what I'm going to use it for now!
Playing music ??

mmca22gr
2010-04-08, 07:03
Looks like it will take two extra days for it to reach me across the Irish sea!
I seem to remember that the UPS shipment for the Radio was much faster than originally expected - although I don't think you will get the touch for the weekend!

tank121
2010-04-08, 07:05
Mine has been dispatched too.

12/10/10

Now to source my HD

dave77
2010-04-08, 07:22
12th for me too :)

hendrixhifi
2010-04-08, 07:59
Where did you guys order? Was it only for pre-orders? Most of the retailers are still out of stock, no date know yet...

kesey
2010-04-08, 08:16
Where did you guys order? Was it only for pre-orders? Most of the retailers are still out of stock, no date know yet...
These were pre-orders from October last. There was an announcement on the site here and off we went.

Mad-s
2010-04-08, 08:52
Scheduled Delivery: 12-April-2010 :) :) Can't wait!

Phileas
2010-04-08, 10:02
Me too - 12th April.

Hofstede
2010-04-08, 10:25
For me the delivery date is 9th April (In the Netherlands)

Marc

kesey
2010-04-08, 11:06
UPS Tracking:

Location Date Local Time DescriptionWhat's this?
UTRECHT, NL 08/04/2010 18:06 ORIGIN SCAN
NL 08/04/2010 9:42 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Tracking results provided by UPS: 08/04/2010 14:03 ET

Tracking Detail

Scheduled Delivery Date:12/04/2010
Shipped To: LONDON,
GB Shipped/Billed On:08/04/2010
Type:PackageService:STANDARD
Weight:1.50 Kg

iPhone
2010-04-08, 12:09
Mine has been dispatched too.

12/10/10

Now to source my HD

Toshiba has a 1TB portable USB powered USB drive (http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/adet.to?poid=471538) on sale for $159 on their main site. If that is large enough for your needs. Nice to just have the USB cable and no external power except for the Touch.

JJZolx
2010-04-08, 12:39
Toshiba has a 1TB portable USB powered USB drive (http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/adet.to?poid=471538) on sale for $159 on their main site. If that is large enough for your needs. Nice to just have the USB cable and no external power except for the Touch.

Newegg has it for $149.99 with free s/h (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149103). Of course, I don't think anyone knows yet whether the Touch will sufficiently power this drive. A 1TB drive must have an extra platter or two compared to a 500GB or 640GB drive.

iPhone
2010-04-08, 13:07
Newegg has it for $149.99 with free s/h (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149103). Of course, I don't think anyone knows yet whether the Touch will sufficiently power this drive. A 1TB drive must have an extra platter or two compared to a 500GB or 640GB drive.

Toshiba is very good about staying below the USB power spec. I would be willing to bet it will work fine because a company like Toshiba doesn't want returns and this drive has no means of connecting external power. But you are right that until somebody tries it, we will not know for sure. And thanks for the $10 lower price find. $159 was the best I could find when I looked last week.

nolive
2010-04-08, 13:45
For me the delivery date is 9th April (by UPS). Paris, France :-)