What is the "new" way to change music source?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • propup
    • May 2006

What is the "new" way to change music source?

I control a couple SB3 players with a duet remote control
    I also use the supplied IR controllers a lot when in the same room. I guess that is why I'm just noticing this...

How the %*#&# does one change the music source from Squeezebox Server and squeezebox.com using the duet remote controller? There used to be an option down in settings called "Music Source" or something similar... it's not there now.

I can do this in 2 secs with the IR remote (in front of the player) but how do I do it via the Duet remote controller?
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

Home > My Music > Switch Library

If you want you can put it on your home menu via Home > Settings > Home Menu
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.3 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng, SB Controllers and Squeezepad

Comment

• propup
      • May 2006

Under my Switch Library option I am only showing two Squeezebox Servers - my "real" server (win2k server running the server) and my Infrant NAS which I thought was no longer running the streaming service for Squeezebox Server.
      There is nothing else there.

I checked the NAS - the SB Server option was was unchecked, but was installed so I just uninstalled it and am rebooting the NAS.

I'll check again after reboot but it seems like I may have something else configured wrong.

What am I supposed to see as the squeezebox.com option / name?

Comment

• Mark Miksis
        formerly known as Fletch
        • May 2005

Settings->Advanced->Networking

Comment

• propup
          • May 2006

"Settings->Advanced->Networking"

Yep - would never have looked there. I guess it sort of makes sense, but IMO not too intuitive to put the option there.

Thank you very much for the help!!!!

Comment

• Mark Miksis
            formerly known as Fletch
            • May 2005

At one time, the philosophy was that any settings likely to be changed less often than once per day (or something like that) should be down under advanced. In that case, I guess it makes sense.

Comment

• Mnyb
              • Feb 2006

It is also auto changing between mysueezebox.com and local server these days.

for example if you are on mysqueezebox.com and tries to choose my music it suggest you to switch server to local sbs, you just confirm it
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
              Bedroom/Office: Boom
              Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
              Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
              iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
              (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
              server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

Working...