PDA

View Full Version : 2 touches in 1 bedroom

gary
2010-03-27, 08:05
When the touch is eventually released, my missus has actually shown an interest in 1, apart from cutting out the ir sensor, will there be a way of disabling remotes so the 1 on my side doesn't control hers,

pippin
2010-03-27, 08:19
Using the touch screen? A Controller, iPeng etc?
The good thing is you won't need any lighting with that setup, touch can be quite bright as long as you don't turn down brightness manually.

flattermann
2010-03-27, 08:36
Using the touch screen? A Controller, iPeng etc?
Is it possible to configure a SqueezePlay device (Radio/Touch) to ignore IR Remote commands? I couldn't find this option... :-/

The good thing is you won't need any lighting with that setup, touch can be quite bright as long as you don't turn down brightness manually.
LOL, indeed. :-)

Aurumer
2010-03-27, 08:55
Yes, go to Player-Settings - Remote and uncheck.

flattermann
2010-03-27, 09:03

Maybe I'm too stupid, but I can't find it. ;-)

Of course, the "old" SqueezeBoxes (SB3, Boom...) have an option in the SBS WebUI to deactivate the IR remote, but this page ("Remote") does not exist for SqueezePlay devices (Radio/Touch)...

pippin
2010-03-27, 09:07
Deleting the ir code config file? Forgot the name...

flattermann
2010-03-27, 09:09

How could I forget this obvious and user-friendly solution... :-)

pippin
2010-03-27, 09:10
@flattermann
What are you doing in front of a computer at this time?

gary
2010-03-27, 09:16

thanks, this will be in the touch server software as well?

flattermann
2010-03-27, 09:17
@flattermann
What are you doing in front of a computer at this time?

Watching Football live in TV means back luck for me. :-)

I rather listen to the radio coverage...

pippin
2010-03-27, 09:26
Works much better on a Squeezebox anyway.

gary
2010-03-27, 09:46
um!!

erland
2010-03-27, 09:52
There is a patch which can be installed through my "Patch Installer" applet in my testing repository that modifies the configuration to disable IR, works perfectly if you like to disable IR.

If you like to do it manually and not through Patch Installer, you will need to login with ssh and replace the following file:
/usr/share/jive/jive/irMap_default.lua

With this one:
https://erlandapplets.googlecode.com/svn/PatchInstaller/trunk/patches/NoIR/share/jive/jive/irMap_default.lua

flattermann
2010-03-27, 09:57
There is a patch which can be installed through my "Patch Installer" applet in my testing repository that modifies the configuration to disable IR, works perfectly if you like to disable IR.

If you like to do it manually and not through Patch Installer, you will need to login with ssh and replace the following file:
/usr/share/jive/jive/irMap_default.lua

With this one:
https://erlandapplets.googlecode.com/svn/PatchInstaller/trunk/patches/NoIR/share/jive/jive/irMap_default.lua

Thanks, I just found it myself. :-)

BTW: It's not so elegant, but just removing/renaming the irMap_default.lua also works. :-)

toby10
2010-03-27, 11:46

Unfortunately this is not currently an option for Touch and Radio.