PDA

View Full Version : Squeezeplay full screen

menno
2010-03-25, 15:40
Is it possible to make Squeezeplay run full screen? I had a search of the wiki (which is great for the shortcuts if anyone needs them http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay) but couldnt find any info. Do I need to edit the skin files somehow?

Cheers,
Menno

menno
2010-05-01, 01:39
Anyone know?

usch
2010-05-01, 03:55
Find the line

jiveMain:registerSkin(self:string("DESKTOP_SKIN"), 'FullscreenSkin', 'skin')

in the file FullscreenSkinMeta.lua and uncomment it. Be warned though that it is disabled for a reason. For example, the Now Playing screen doesn't work, which makes the skin mostly useless. But you are welcome to roll up your sleeves and fix it. ;)

gorman
2010-10-27, 08:40
I know this is an old(ish) thread but... see here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=585357&postcount=20

I am using an old build (I actually revived it just to show the original poster of that thread) and I didn't do anything special. The full screen Now Playing screen seems to work just fine, doesn't it?

fphredd
2010-10-31, 08:07
I know this is an old(ish) thread but... see here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=585357&postcount=20

I am using an old build (I actually revived it just to show the original poster of that thread) and I didn't do anything special. The full screen Now Playing screen seems to work just fine, doesn't it?

What build are you using? this doesn't work for me...

Thanks

gorman
2010-11-03, 04:52
What build are you using? this doesn't work for me...

ThanksIt's an old build, I'm not at home and I can't be more precise.

Marsupial
2013-03-01, 19:46
I know this is quite an old thread, but I used info in there to manage a fullscreen skin for squeezeplay, that I think people could be interested in.

with the info mentionned here, I could re-enable the "fullscreen" skin, but the skin wasn't working super nice. So I decided to alter it. Well, I literally took another skin and put it inplace of the fullscreen one, but replaced the skin at its intended size (of 800x600)

I also tried at 1024*768 (only change the values in FullscreenSkinApplet) and it worked good, but my intention is to put it on a 800x600 screen.
Anyway, here's the files I modified and how it works. Oddly ennough, its all-black-background. I figure some people might like it.

cathcam
2014-12-31, 00:51
I know this is quite an old thread, but I used info in there to manage a fullscreen skin for squeezeplay, that I think people could be interested in.

with the info mentionned here, I could re-enable the "fullscreen" skin, but the skin wasn't working super nice. So I decided to alter it. Well, I literally took another skin and put it inplace of the fullscreen one, but replaced the skin at its intended size (of 800x600)

I also tried at 1024*768 (only change the values in FullscreenSkinApplet) and it worked good, but my intention is to put it on a 800x600 screen.
Anyway, here's the files I modified and how it works. Oddly ennough, its all-black-background. I figure some people might like it.

For the record, this works well enough for me. I use a Squeezeplay 7.8.0 r328 build, with this skin, running on a WIN7 laptop with the lid closed and in a drawer beneath a 65-inch Samsung LCD TV running at 1920x1080 resolution. Its much more useful that the default skins. Thanks.