PDA

View Full Version : March Madness: Touch Release Pool

iPhone
2010-03-23, 11:43
When do you think the Touch will be released?

1) April 15-30 2010

2) May 1-15 2010

3) May 16-31 2010

4) Summer of 2010

5) Fall of 2010

6) Right before Christmas 2010

Mnyb
2010-03-23, 11:52

You should have done a poll .
What do I win ? my own body weight in Styrofoam packing chips :)

Edit: it is a poll ! my Eee PC has to small screen

maggior
2010-03-23, 12:01
No choice between April 1 and April 15? Being an optimist, that would have been my vote.

Valentino
2010-03-23, 12:24
I'm in a 33 1/3 %! Suddenly I know why the launch has been delayed!

johnas
2010-03-23, 12:59
"sometime after Christmas 2010," I'm a realist ;)

Skinny
2010-03-23, 14:00
I hope no-one went in the pool. :D

Ikabob
2010-03-23, 14:06
If they were smart they would release it before April 15th. I am broke after then. Actually I voted for the May 1st release date but I think I am wishful thinking. This anticipation is NOT good for me at all.

By the way, what are the odds?

iPhone
2010-03-23, 14:20
No choice between April 1 and April 15? Being an optimist, that would have been my vote.

I figured if it was coming out before April 15th, we would probably already heard. But just for the Poll, we will consider a 15 - 30 April vote to be a 1-15 April if that is your choice.

Ikabob: Good point I should have included the odds for folks that want to pick only based on maximum odds!

Wirrunna
2010-03-23, 21:25
What's the difference between ignorance and apathy ?

Who cares, I don't know!

erland
2010-03-23, 23:39
Feels like we are getting close, the list of unresolved high priority bugs aren't too long:
https://bugs.slimdevices.com/buglist.cgi?priority=P1;priority=P2;query_format=a dvanced;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_sta tus=REOPENED;target_milestone=7.5.0

Letten
2010-03-24, 01:04
Feels like we are getting close, the list of unresolved high priority bugs aren't too long

And Logitech employees seem very quiet in the forums at the moment :-D

maggior
2010-03-24, 05:34
I figured if it was coming out before April 15th, we would probably already heard. But just for the Poll, we will consider a 15 - 30 April vote to be a 1-15 April if that is your choice.

That might be true. In corporate terms (you know how managers love their metrics :-), the end of the quarter is the end of this month, so I would think they would be trying really hard to get it out in the first quarter rather than have it fall just over the line into the 2nd quarter.

It does seem awfully quiet...perhaps the release is impending :-). Now if I could just figure out where I could justify putting one...

crazyj
2010-03-24, 07:33
It has to be April. Looking over the bugs list (and even expanding it to P3) there are no show-stoppers in my opinion. For what I need, if they don't resolve the remaining list, will have no effect on me.

iPhone
2010-03-24, 08:11
Now if I could just figure out where I could justify putting one...

The Touch makes a great replacement for an SB3 (nothing wrong with an SB3, but if you just have to have a reason) especially if one needs/wants 24/96. Touch makes a great Digital Transport to feed a good DAC. Surely there is a wall in ones home that is just begging to have a Touch mounted on it. And doesn't a Touch need to go in ones auto?

Just trying to help with some suggestions.

CrazyJ: I'm with you, the Touch is completely ready for what I need it for. I'm ready to buy, now.

erland
2010-03-24, 10:53
It does seem awfully quiet...perhaps the release is impending :-).

As you might have seen they are switching a lot of servers, maybe to be ready for the load...

Now if I could just figure out where I could justify putting one...

It feels like you are worried about the wrong thing, you should be worrying about the risk of not getting one before the storage in all warehouses in your area is empty :-)

My old SB3 is now used as a great clock with the TimeSpeller plugin, I still have the audio cables connected but there haven't really been much audio in them during the last 6 months.

Looking over the bugs list (and even expanding it to P3) there are no show-stoppers in my opinion. For what I need, if they don't resolve the remaining list, will have no effect on me.

Honestly, as a beta tester I can say that as long as you don't need the built-in on device SBS support it has been rock solid for a long time now, at least in my opinion. It's the on device SBS module that has been the main focus area during the last months.

I think there was some problem with some encoding format earlier but that doesn't seem to be in the list now so I'm guessing it has been solved.

Ikabob
2010-03-24, 14:56
I see some new experts on the forums. Some are Logitech reps (Devans,Matt Wise)(where is Mr. Richardson?). They are coming here to help us get going. They had a maintenance session today. Things really are starting to happen. I think you posters above who think it might be coming soon, might be right. I am starting to get very excited about the prospect of getting the Touch sooner rather than later. Can I change my vote? I am glad to see Logitech reps stepping up to the plate here.

I will really start to believe when I see "order in process----->order in progress------>order completed"!

mlsstl
2010-03-24, 16:22
I will really start to believe when I see "order in process----->order in progress------>order completed"!

Nah... I'm in the I'll believe it when it arrives camp.

I've gotten pretty cynical with all of the changed dates and utter lack of communication. And then you add the recent Radio battery fiasco (the US web site is now letting you "pre-order" for April 12) and the continued unavailability of the Receiver....

Makes me want to get out my 3 Stooges DVDs and watch a few shorts.

;-)

Muele
2010-03-25, 00:44
I'm voting/hoping Q1 :)

I've just bought another Radio, so my SB quota has been used for Q1. Hey, it's alomost Q2 now ;)

toby10
2010-03-25, 05:06
I'm a post-historical-revisionist-optimist, so I say Christmas 2009.

jo-wie
2010-03-25, 09:52
I vote for April. Amazon.de shows delivery 24th April.

foxx
2010-03-25, 11:54
....Honestly, as a beta tester I can say that as long as you don't need the built-in on device SBS support it has been rock solid for a long time now, at least in my opinion. It's the on device SBS module that has been the main focus area during the last months.

I think there was some problem with some encoding format earlier but that doesn't seem to be in the list now so I'm guessing it has been solved.

Well, it better does what they say it should be doing. Fulfilling the server function together wit a USB drive is the key issue on this device.

If it was for me it could be double as pricy and three times as big if only it incorporated a proper server which you can operate without having to have a NAS, TV or PC running.

iPhone
2010-03-25, 12:58
Well, it better does what they say it should be doing. Fulfilling the server function together wit a USB drive is the key issue on this device.

If it was for me it could be double as pricy and three times as big if only it incorporated a proper server which you can operate without having to have a NAS, TV or PC running.

If one can't wait, buy a SheevaPlug.

TinySBS has been working in Beta for months with a steady building of improvement. I have been using it for over 6 months in a mobile application. But since this is a mass market product, it needs to be polished and as bug free as possible. And from using it over the months, it has become more friendly, more usable, better laid out, and more user intuitive.

I think anybody looking to not use a PC or NAS what has a music collection smaller then 2TB will easily be able to plug a 2TB USB drive into Touch and be fairly happy. One note is that if one loves the WebUI, I feel Touch might not be for you. But now that I have iPeng, I really only use the WebUI for building large playlists.

Sakkerju
2010-03-29, 01:47
I am already an 'up-selling' victim...I have bought a Squeezebox Radio and attached it to my stereo to fill up the timegap having nothing.

jstraw
2010-03-29, 05:04
I am already an 'up-selling' victim...I have bought a Squeezebox Radio and attached it to my stereo to fill up the timegap having nothing.

I have a Controller in use as a player, saving a spot for my Touch...though, I'll admit, it's been there since before the Touch was announced. So it wasn't an up-sell. Nevermind.

tomasito
2010-03-29, 06:54
How about comparing the touch release with the Ipad release?
Is Ipad going to be release this April 2, or it is going into a time limbo like touch?

kesey
2010-03-29, 10:04
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/buglist.cgi?priority=P1&priority=P2&query_format=advanced&order=Importance&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=7.5.0

Mon Mar 29 2010 10:01:31 PDT
Free Your Music!
Priority: P1,P2 Status: UNCONFIRMED, NEW, ASSIGNED, REOPENED Target Milestone: 7.5.0
ID Sev Pri OS Assignee Status Resolution Summary
15877 cri P1 Othe andy@slimdevices.com NEW Reset hostnames in 7.5 to production MySB before release
15940 maj P1 Othe chris_owens@logitech.com NEW BMF non-recursive rescan is broken
2 bugs found.

How close is close?

erland
2010-03-29, 10:38
How about comparing the touch release with the Ipad release?
Is Ipad going to be release this April 2, or it is going into a time limbo like touch?

Well, I'm pretty sure the Touch will come first to Sweden, we don't even have a release date for the iPad yet and Apple is completely silent as usual...

2 bugs found.

How close is close?

Looks like March might not be completely unrealistic after all :-)

At least unless they also plan to test all these bugs which have been fixed but not verified yet according to bugzilla:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;bug_status=RESOL VED;resolution=FIXED;target_milestone=7.5.0

(Hopefully they just haven't marked them as verified in bugzilla)

DigitalMitch
2010-03-30, 04:01
Um! the UK logitech site has moved from 'Notify Me' to 'preorder now' which I hope is a good sign.

I've pre-ordered one, so hopefully not too far down the queue.

mmca22gr
2010-03-30, 05:55
My Logitech UK Order status has not changed - still "Order in Process"

dave77
2010-03-30, 06:09
Um! the UK logitech site has moved from 'Notify Me' to 'preorder now' which I hope is a good sign.

I've pre-ordered one, so hopefully not too far down the queue.

That is a good sign, hopefully those who pre-order in October will get them shortly :)

gfuchs
2010-03-30, 06:41
I feel like one of the guys watching a volcano trying to predict an eruption.
Earth quakes,
Gas venting,
magma
etc ....

Code freeze,
Web site maintenance,
Bug 15877 Reset hostnames in 7.5 to production MySB before production was resolved.
Wednesday is the end of 1st qtr. (Radio was released Sept 30 end of Q3).

I'm predicting tomorrow. 3/31

(No way they would release it on April Fools day)

kesey
2010-03-30, 07:59
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/buglist.cgi?priority=P1&priority=P2&query_format=advanced&order=Importance&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=7.5.0

Tue Mar 30 2010 07:54:57 PDT
Free Your Music!
Priority:
P1,P2 Status: UNCONFIRMED, NEW, ASSIGNED, REOPENED Target Milestone: 7.5.0
Zarro Boogs found.

Arise and take your place among the nations, o Touchy one.

tank121
2010-03-30, 10:22
I was one of the original people who submitted a pre-order in October last year.

Due to some dodgy gits trying to order stuff on my credit card I had to cancel my order. Logitech were unable to use the new card details agains the order.

Thank **** they sent us anothr 20% discount code.

Just completed order price of 207.00 and 3% cashback via topcashback.

When are we going to get our hands on the little beauties ?

iPhone
2010-03-30, 10:57
I feel like one of the guys watching a volcano trying to predict an eruption.
Earth quakes,
Gas venting,
magma
etc ....

Code freeze,
Web site maintenance,
Bug 15877 Reset hostnames in 7.5 to production MySB before production was resolved.

I'm predicting tomorrow. 3/31

(No way they would release it on April Fools day)

I agree April 1st would probably be avoided and Logitech seems to like Friday's, so if its this week, I'm betting on Friday April 2nd. But I think we will still be waiting next week.

maggior
2010-03-30, 11:10
I agree April 1st would probably be avoided and Logitech seems to like Friday's, so if its this week, I'm betting on Friday April 2nd. But I think we will still be waiting next week.

Though it would be nice to see it released this week, I think it's unlikely too. That is unless they have EVERYTHING cocked and ready to fire as soon as the bug list goes down to zero. I'm sure there is some internal bureaucracy that has to be gone through before they pull the trigger.

I wonder how long it will be before retailers like Amazon will have them in stock once Logitech announces the release. Are they piled up in Amazon and Best Buy warehouses? That would be nice.

iPhone
2010-03-30, 11:33
I wonder how long it will be before retailers like Amazon will have them in stock once Logitech announces the release. Are they piled up in Amazon and Best Buy warehouses? That would be nice.

I haven't actually counted boxes in a warehouse nor do I speak for Logitech, but the leak that happened in September 2009 was because actual units were sent to seller's warehouses and put in their Internet Store, one was ordered and ship out.

So from that, I would say they are actually in some seller's warehouses ready to ship when the word is given. I can't see a logical reason to ship them back to a central point just to get control over the inventory just to have to ship them back on release. My Bet, Logitech is ready to ship, Amazon is ready to ship, Best Buy is ready to sell/ship, and probably some other big Internet Retailers if I had to put money on it.

Again just my opinion and speculation based on old information.

pski
2010-03-30, 14:39
Around here they seem more invested in the Sony products. The nearest store (Macon, GA) has about 12ft of Sony display. (Have you seen their controller? You could use it as a weapon if you home's invaded..)

Of the two nearest stores, only one stocks the Radio..

p

miab
2010-03-30, 16:03
I was one of the original people who submitted a pre-order in October last year.

Due to some dodgy gits trying to order stuff on my credit card I had to cancel my order. Logitech were unable to use the new card details agains the order.

Thank **** they sent us anothr 20% discount code.

Just completed order price of 207.00 and 3% cashback via topcashback.

When are we going to get our hands on the little beauties ?

Is it still possible to order the Touch on this pre-order price? Is there a Order Desk contact in Canada to do this?

iPhone
2010-03-30, 19:29
Is it still possible to order the Touch on this pre-order price? Is there a Order Desk contact in Canada to do this?

I don't think so. I believe the poster before you was talking about what happened to him as a pre-orderer from September.

JJZolx
2010-03-30, 19:57
Is anyone else wondering how many Touches Logitech will actually sell? Are they still being produced, or will they sell out of the first production run and then no more? Are we going to see shortages a month after they go on sale? It's pretty obvious that Logitech is moving away from the Squeezebox product line, so I wonder if the Touch isn't seen right now as only an interim product.

peterw
2010-03-30, 20:29
Is anyone else wondering how many Touches Logitech will actually sell? Are they still being produced, or will they sell out of the first production run and then no more? Are we going to see shortages a month after they go on sale? It's pretty obvious that Logitech is moving away from the Squeezebox product line, so I wonder if the Touch isn't seen right now as only an interim product.

Moving away from it toward what? Just a bunch of iPod docks? Making Google-branded keyboards (http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/google-sony-intel-logitech-partner-for-android-powered-google-tv-20100318/)?

Mickey has said that Logitech was surprised by the demand for Squeezebox Receivers and Radio batteries. Why would any company walk away from a product line with strong consumer demand?

With the introduction of Touch, Logitech now has a network audio player line that supports multiple control interfaces (buttons, touchscreen, IR control, Web/network control) and multiple screen sizes and resolutions. It should be cheaper and easier for them to expand the Squeezebox line now than ever before. I can't see Squeezebox going away unless Touch just doesn't sell well.

erland
2010-03-30, 20:46
Is anyone else wondering how many Touches Logitech will actually sell? Are they still being produced, or will they sell out of the first production run and then no more? Are we going to see shortages a month after they go on sale?

My guess is that we are going to see shortages, not because they don't plan to produce more but because the demand is higher than expected. I'd be very surprised if they've already stopped the production permanently before they've even released it, they might have stopped it temporary until it's released but not permanently.

It's pretty obvious that Logitech is moving away from the Squeezebox product line, so I wonder if the Touch isn't seen right now as only an interim product.

Are you just interpreting this based on the decreased size of the Squeezebox team and the silence and rumors in the forum ?

I can agree that it could indicate what you are saying and I also have some fear it might but I wouldn't agree that it's clear that this is actually the case. There could be a lot of explanations why they've decreased the team size, the most obvious one would be that they like the new organization to settle and start selling the hardware before they increase the development costs again. It could also just be that Logitech haven't made up their mind yet and want to wait to see how much the Touch sells before making further investments.

I suspect we are going to see if you are right or not some time after the Touch release. If the team size stays the same and the silence/interests in the forum (from Logitech representatives) continues you might be on to something.

If they are abandoning something it's more likely that they are abandoning the software than the hardware. Remember that the Touch is just a small computer with great audio circuits, it can run other software in the future. Also remember that Logitech changed their organization a while ago and split the software and hardware sections into separate parts which also indicates that the hardware and software might not be as tightly integrated in the future as they are today.

Even if they are abandoning the software used on the Touch, the Touch is just a Linux computer with open architecture where anyone can login and do the changes they like. Logitech might even decide to just replace the software to something else. Open devices like this tends to be a success at least in the geek society. However, it will never be a success among mass market users unless Logitech or some other big player is supporting it, even with Logitech is has a long way to go before it's ready for the mass market.

And even if Logitech would also abandon the hardware, the Touch is the best streaming media player that has been in my home, so I know I'll be satisfied even without Logitech.

Of course, people that plan to expand their system into 10 rooms during the next 10 years might want to wait a few months until they've seen some
indication regarding the future strategy. However, what's the alternative for a good multi room solution ?

We already know that the Radio sells good and we know that the battery sells better than expected and as a beta tester of the Touch I'd be surprised if it wouldn't be a success too.

I can imagine that Logitech may have some plans for future hardware with other focus than the previous Squeezebox devices and I can also imagine that they might want to do changes in the software. However, it would seem very silly to throw both the current hardware and software in the trash and start over from a white paper, not even Logitech could be that stupid, could they ?

JJZolx
2010-03-30, 20:50
Mickey has said that Logitech was surprised by the demand for Squeezebox Receivers and Radio batteries. Why would any company walk away from a product line with strong consumer demand?

Given the current worldwide inventory levels, it sounds like Logitech expected to sell something very close to zero of either of those products. That they're 'surprised' goes without saying.

I don't think they'll walk away from the product line so much as simply letting it die out over the course of time, while the development focus increasingly moves to video streaming with audio on the same devices as a bonus. Maybe they'll offer pared down audio only devices within the new product line, but I doubt it.

Moving into the future it's just going to be very difficult getting a $300 audio player onto the shelves of your typical retailer when a half dozen other competitors are offering video plus audio streaming devices for comparable or less money. Logitech realizes that. The SB Booms and Radios are a healthy consumer product, even if support costs are probably much higher than Logitech is used to. Anything like the Touch, Classic, or Transporter are niche products. And Logitech isn't in the niche business.

erland
2010-03-30, 21:13
Moving into the future it's just going to be very difficult getting a $300 audio player onto the shelves of your typical retailer when a half dozen other competitors are offering video plus audio streaming devices for comparable or less money. Logitech realizes that. The SB Booms and Radios are a healthy consumer product, even if support costs are probably much higher than Logitech is used to. Anything like the Touch, Classic, or Transporter are niche products. And Logitech isn't in the niche business.
Agreed $300 is too much for an audio only device in the mass market segment. The mass market users care more about features (for example video) than good audio quality and most of them don't realize the advantage of the slim device architecture used by the Squeezebox devices. $300 works in the niche/geek segment where they've been so far but not in the mass market segment where they probably want to be.

I can't see any problem adding video to a device like the Touch but I have some problem seeing the usefulness. I can see use cases of video support on a device with built-in speakers, like the Radio, which typically is in a room without a TV, but the Touch is typically going to stand in a room where you have a TV so it really doesn't need video support on its local display. However, if the Touch had a video output that could be connected to the TV it would be useful.

I think it's also important to remember that in the video area Logitech has some catch up to do, they are going to compete with devices that already exists and they are going to compete with more expensive devices like the iPad and netbooks. Feels like it's going to be a pretty large investment before they have something competitive in this area unless they build something on top of what they already have, for example a new version of the Radio/Boom with a bigger touch screen that supports streaming video.

By the way, the Touch has enough CPU power to run low resolution videos, early in the beta test period some of the third party developers successfully played youtube on it by installing custom software.

Sakkerju
2010-03-31, 03:56
...It's pretty obvious that Logitech is moving away from the Squeezebox product line, so I wonder if the Touch isn't seen right now as only an interim product.

Mmmm...as a fairly 'rookie' this raises questions.
"Logitech moving away from the Squeezebox product line????"

I can understand that the Squeezebox architecture and devices are for a specific / niche market. Same goes for high end audio in general.

This concept will 100% surely fail to be succesfull in a big scale consumer market.
So SB is for SB audience and limited in scale. That is why the prices can also be steep.
But again, many other Logitech product will not. Like the Harmony remotes, these will never hit big time in a consumer market IMHO

With what vision did Logitech buy Slim Devices and the Haromy remotes?
- To have it appeal to mass market?
- To broaden in a specific (niche) market?
- Just whimsical expansion?

I love the concept of the SB and its high-end tending design. But that is why i am part of the niche market members.

erland
2010-03-31, 04:15
Mmmm...as a fairly 'rookie' this raises questions.
"Logitech moving away from the Squeezebox product line????"

With what vision did Logitech buy Slim Devices and the Haromy remotes?
- To have it appeal to mass market?
- To broaden in a specific (niche) market?
- Just whimsical expansion?

I love the concept of the SB and its high-end tending design. But that is why i am part of the niche market members.

Don't read too much into this, it's just rumors based on that Logitech has decreased the team size a bit and is being a bit less visible on the forums than they used to be when the Squeezebox was developed by Slim Devices. There could be many other reasons for this as mentioned earlier in this thread and in several other threads.

iPhone
2010-03-31, 05:04
Agreed $300 is too much for an audio only device in the mass market segment. The mass market users care more about features (for example video) than good audio quality and most of them don't realize the advantage of the slim device architecture used by the Squeezebox devices. $300 works in the niche/geek segment where they've been so far but not in the mass market segment where they probably want to be.

I can see were this line of thinking comes from when there are streaming Video devices for $195 dollars that also do audio, but that is were it ends for me.

Most of these require ones TV or monitor to be on to control the device if one wants visual feedback. Personally, I don't want to 'have' to turn on my 50 inch plasma just to listen to music. Also does the price point really matter? I haven't seen the Sonos prices dropping lately and they are insane in my opinion for an audio only streaming device when compared to Squeezebox.

Yes, I to believe that Squeezebox and Sonos, to a degree, are a geek/niche market. But with Sonos's prices, does it not appear to be a healthy market? And more importantly one that Logitech can exploit with a good product line at more consumer friendly prices?

verypsb
2010-03-31, 07:03
I've seen an expected release date of 10 April 2010.

toby10
2010-03-31, 09:00
Heck, you can get a PS3 for the same $300 and have a gaming console, video streaming, Blu-ray player, music streaming, picture host/display, Netflix player, TV internet surfing, upconverting DVD player, CD player, etc..
For $100 less you can get all of the above minus the gaming.

But as suggested, the all-in-one device comes at a cost elsewhere:
- need TV on
- no synced players
- limited audio codecs
- limited (almost non existent) Music Services and Internet Radio playback
- limited server abilities for music searches, playlist control, etc..
- audio quality

I think any quality audio only streaming device will always be in the niche category. Hopefully devices like the Radio will broaden this market a bit and introduce many more people to the entire line of Logitech dedicated music streaming devices. With Roku out of the radio player market and the tremendous success of the Radio sales I see huge growth in this market.

Sakkerju
2010-03-31, 09:42
...Hopefully devices like the Radio will broaden this market a bit and introduce many more people to the entire line of Logitech dedicated music streaming devices. With Roku out of the radio player market and the tremendous success of the Radio sales I see huge growth in this market.

Just curious, how popular / accepted is the Squeezebox (in general) by the masses?

Surely hard to give any quantative figures, but estimates like 'accepted as Ipods' or 'accepted as SACD' or 'accepted like HD DVD' or 'BlueRay'

I would say close to SACD acceptance...

Ikabob
2010-03-31, 14:30
I've seen an expected release date of 10 April 2010.

Where did you see this expected release date? It sounds exciting! I want the touch sooner rather than later. I am still listed as "in process".

Also would like my battery for the Radio.

I really do love the Squeeze system. It is so awesome. You know, I even love the green boxes they come in. I can't get myself to throw them away....in spite of my wife's requests/demands/complaints/....etc. :-)

verypsb
2010-03-31, 23:09
Where did you see this expected release date? It sounds exciting!

I saw it at www.wifimedia.eu.

See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=76681

toby10
2010-04-01, 04:04
Just curious, how popular / accepted is the Squeezebox (in general) by the masses?

Surely hard to give any quantative figures, but estimates like 'accepted as Ipods' or 'accepted as SACD' or 'accepted like HD DVD' or 'BlueRay'

I would say close to SACD acceptance...

That's actually a good analogy. SACD (or DVD-A or BD) is incredible audio.
But how many care? How many have the system to reveal the difference? How many will pay more for it?

Like SACD, the answer is "very few".

bklaas
2010-04-07, 10:32
Where's the option on the poll for April 6th :)

erland
2010-04-07, 10:57
Where's the option on the poll for April 6th :)

It's the alternative that won the poll :-)
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=527558#post527558

maggior
2010-04-07, 11:21
It's the alternative that won the poll :-)
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=527558#post527558

Since I voted between April 1 and April 15 (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=527519&postcount=3), do I win a free Touch :-).

iPhone
2010-04-07, 11:25
Since I voted between April 1 and April 15 (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=527519&postcount=3), do I win a free Touch :-).

Maybe you already did, but most of the websites are down and the Touch shows out of stock. No way to tell ;=}