PDA

View Full Version : Second hand squeezebox Boom

WOWOW
2010-03-22, 07:28
May I ask a simple question here?
There's a second hand Squeezebox Boom, which was already registered, but username / password is not available, is there any solution to re-register it for the new buyer?

thx.

ModelCitizen
2010-03-22, 07:30
May I ask a simple question here?
There's a second hand Squeezebox Boom, which was already registered, but username / password is not available, is there any solution to re-register it for the new buyer?

I think you need to email support with the Mac address.

MC

WOWOW
2010-03-22, 09:01
I think you need to email support with the Mac address.

MC

Thanks MC,

Did you mean the support would then reset the registration binded with the Mac addr.? I need to confirm this process will always work before I buy the S/H Boom.

snarlydwarf
2010-03-22, 09:37
Thanks MC,

Did you mean the support would then reset the registration binded with the Mac addr.? I need to confirm this process will always work before I buy the S/H Boom.

You could also ask the current owner to remove it from their account themselves.

garym
2010-03-23, 13:59
Thanks MC,

yes, even if the old owner can't do it, support can reset it for you with the MAC address from the unit.

JonWill
2010-07-14, 00:26
I am having this problem with a second hand Radio. Previous owner cannot reset it, and Support have yet to respond to my request. Is there another way round the issue?

toby10
2010-07-14, 03:35
I am having this problem with a second hand Radio. Previous owner cannot reset it, and Support have yet to respond to my request. Is there another way round the issue?

Nope.
Why can't the person you purchased it from delete it from his MySB account?
Seems odd he can't or won't do so.

JonWill
2010-07-14, 04:22
He tried, but was told that there were no players registered to it. However, after a brief prompt, Logitech have just emailed me to say that they have removed the player from his account... si I'll see if things work now!

Thanks for the help,

Jon

86atc250r
2010-07-16, 10:04
Call support - don't email.

Phone support is friendly and can take care of the problem quickly for you. I've done it myself on several players.