Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chnicola
    • Mar 2010

Is MusicIP dead? Website out of date, forums are down

I am having a heck of a time with MusicIP and there seems to be very few recent posts or activity on it.

The MusicIP site only has download for 1.8.1b even though there are threads over a year old about 1.9 beta versions. The forums site seems down and I am unable to register to download the 1.9 version.

I can't seem to run the service under Win7 64-bit under any circumstances, is this just not possible to do, does anyone have any suggestions for me?
  • chnicola
    • Mar 2010

Ok I think I figured out my main problem. The API service can't run while it is doing the analysis. Stopping the analysis allowed the API service to run again. No clear error message to explain this situation unfortunately.

Comment

• GeeJay
      • May 2007

MusicIP was bought by another company. Can't remember the name offhand. They are using the technology for custom corporate applications, as I recall, and are no longer supporting a "consumer" application.
      I’m down to one SB Touch and a Raspberry Pi. Mac Mini as a server (OS X Catalina). iPeng is my controller of choice. LMS 7.9.4. Erland’s plug ins are what keep me in the ecosystem.

Comment

• verypsb
        • May 2008

This website is for sale! amplifindmusicservices.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, amplifindmusicservices.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
        Please vote:
        bug 1330 New music should work on creation date
        bug 17963 New and changed doesn't handle changed files
        bug 17799 Use a separator such as 'Also appears on' when viewing the albums by an artist
        bug 18054 Add support for 'Set Subtitle'/'Disc Subtitle' (ID3v2.4 TSST/ID3V2.3 TIT3)
        1x Boom, 1x Classic, 4x Controller, 1x Radio, 4x Receiver, 2x Touch

Comment

• bobkoure
          • Dec 2007

MusicIP's song validation's still working. Given that it's also being used for Disney and Memorex, maybe it won't disappear. From one of their releases:
          The carryover also includes MusicIP clients Disney and Memorex (specifically tied to various MP3 players), and well as Applian Technologies and MusicBrainz.

Note: the entire quote is the link (my homage to Ted Nelson and his early-on vision of a "docuverse")

Comment

• iPhone
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by verypsb
            Thanks for the link.

Boy now there is a company with an up to date website, D'oh. The dates on there upcoming events are from January 2009! Reminds me of Jethro Tull.
            iPhone
            Media Room:
            ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
            Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
            Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
            Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
            Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
            Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
            Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
            Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Comment

Working...