PDA

View Full Version : Recording

veehexx
2010-03-19, 08:03
a quick google and forum search returns nothing, which i find a bit weird.

is their anyway i can record an audio stream into x format with the Duet?

my aim is to record an internet stream via the squeezebox system, it will then write to my NAS (which hosts the SB software), and i can then copy it to a hdd so i can then play it in the car...

a scheduled record system would be nice..

maggior
2010-03-19, 08:07
No, the squeezebox products are designed only for playback - they provide no means of recording an internet stream. There are ways you can do this on a PC using the Windows task scheduler, WinAmp, and something like Total Recorder.

veehexx
2010-03-20, 01:08
i thought that might of been the case...

thanks for confirming!

Mnyb
2010-03-20, 01:19
And also in most cases (single stream to one player) the stream is not proxied by the server, it goes straight to the player, even if control comands and displays things are issued by the server.

pski
2010-03-21, 10:59
a quick google and forum search returns nothing, which i find a bit weird.

is their anyway i can record an audio stream into x format with the Duet?

my aim is to record an internet stream via the squeezebox system, it will then write to my NAS (which hosts the SB software), and i can then copy it to a hdd so i can then play it in the car...

a scheduled record system would be nice..

If your sound card (or chipset) supports "stereo mix," you could use a software player like squeezeplay or softsqueeze to record using Audacity, etc.

Check control panel/sounds/recording. if "stereo mix" is not present, right-click any existing device and check next to "show disabled devices" and see if it appears. If it does, right click and "enable" it and then right-click to select it as the default..

Total Recorder does have a schedule feature.

P