PDA

View Full Version : The Future?

fphredd
2010-03-19, 05:59
Better get the Touch quickly, don't know if they'll be making them for long. Following are excerpts from an article in yesterday's NY Times...

"Google and Intel have teamed with Sony to develop a platform called Google TV to bring the Web into the living room through a new generation of televisions and set-top boxes."

"The three companies have tapped Logitech, which specializes in remote controls and computer speakers, for peripheral devices, including a remote with a tiny keyboard."

So, if it's starting to feel as if the Touch is becoming an unwanted stepchild not getting enough attention, maybe that's why...maybe not...

maggior
2010-03-19, 06:03
Perhaps this will mean we'll see the SB Touch interface available on a flat screen TV via this new STB :-).

Interesting...

fphredd
2010-03-19, 06:07
Forgot about this part; I'm thinking it will render the Touch obsolete in Logitech's mind(s)...

'Logitech also has several job listings for Android developers, including a position for an “embedded software engineer” with experience building “audio and video products based on the Android platform.” '

Muele
2010-03-19, 06:54
'Logitech also has several job listings for Android developers, including a position for an “embedded software engineer” with experience building “audio and video products based on the Android platform.” '

This _could_ mean a thousand things. One of them is that SqueezeOS is going away, being replaced by android. That doesn't make Squeezeplay or Touch obsolete in any way.

Edit: I want to stress that this is purely speculation. I have no insight to Logitech what so ever.

ghostrider
2010-03-19, 09:54
The entire thread is speculation. :rolleyes:

audiomuze
2010-03-19, 10:06
Forgot about this part; I'm thinking it will render the Touch obsolete in Logitech's mind(s)...who cares...lost interest months ago.