PDA

View Full Version : Doubled up playlists

Cockeye
2010-03-15, 08:46
I believe I asked about this a year ago and I don't remember getting any responses. Thought I would try again and see if anyone can help.

I run :

Squeezebox
Squeezebox Radio
iPeng.

Squeeze center syncs with my iTunes.

Every playlist appears twice on my squeezeboxes and iPeng and have done since I have had them. When I create a new playlist it only shows once initially but after an hour or so it then appears twice as well.

The thing is, Squeeze center, I am guessing, is obviously scanning the playlist twice but once it has done this it just updates one of the playlists and leaves the other one static. It is really weird.

If anyone can come up with an answer to get rid of my dupes I would be very grateful.

Cockeye
2010-03-17, 16:40
Bump.

Cockeye
2010-03-19, 06:54
One last bump :(

snarlydwarf
2010-03-19, 08:13
You have configured SBS to have a music library path as well as import from
itunes.

The base of the two paths is different: ie, you have something like H:\Music for one and \\nasbox\Music for the other.

SBS can not tell that these are the same, because they have different paths.

When iTunes updates its db, SBS reimports that. You do not have SBS doing an automatic rescan of your library, so only the itunes imports get updated.

fix: use a -consistent- path for library path that matches what iTunes uses.

Or choose one or the other: if they both point to the same library there really isn't a need to use both of them.

Cockeye
2010-03-19, 09:07
Ooh interesting. Could you have just solved a problem which has been bugging me for over a year?

Will check as soon as I get home and report back :)

If I have done this (and I am sure you are correct) would deleting the path and doing a full rescan delete the dupes?

Cockeye
2010-03-20, 06:01
Thank you thank you thank you Snarlydwarf! That's been annoying me for sooo long!