PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Link Station Quad

bechau
2010-03-15, 04:49
I plan to store my iTune music folder on the Link Station Quad (LS). I will have the Squeezbox Duet connected on the same Gigabit Network.

1. To access the songs, will I need to have the Squeeze Server (SS) installed onto the LS? I see some comments on the other LS models, does it apply to current LS Quad as well?

2. Is the LS processor powerful enough for SS to run?

3. Do I need to downgrade the LS firmware to one below 1.46 to allow telnet service.

4. Do I need to install some thing onto the LS OS first prior to installing SS.

5. What do I use to write commands or code for the LS OS (Linux)? Notepad?

6. How do I put the codes to work?

7. Once I'm done and music can be played, can I upgrade the LS firmware regularly?

8. If I can't install SS onto my LS, can I just install it on my computer, leave it on and play music stored on my LS?

Thank you in advance for your help

pski
2010-03-15, 08:56
I plan to store my iTune music folder on the Link Station Quad (LS). I will have the Squeezbox Duet connected on the same Gigabit Network.

1. To access the songs, will I need to have the Squeeze Server (SS) installed onto the LS? I see some comments on the other LS models, does it apply to current LS Quad as well?

2. Is the LS processor powerful enough for SS to run?

3. Do I need to downgrade the LS firmware to one below 1.46 to allow telnet service.

4. Do I need to install some thing onto the LS OS first prior to installing SS.

5. What do I use to write commands or code for the LS OS (Linux)? Notepad?

6. How do I put the codes to work?

7. Once I'm done and music can be played, can I upgrade the LS firmware regularly?

8. If I can't install SS onto my LS, can I just install it on my computer, leave it on and play music stored on my LS?

Thank you in advance for your help

I use Buffalo TeraStation NAS and run SBS on other machines that point to the music on the NAS.

Generally, running SBS on a NAS is more complicated than just using the NAS as it was designed.

P