PDA

View Full Version : Sizing Softsqueeze

fphredd
2010-03-13, 20:36
Trying to run Softsqueeze (Windows) on a 4.3" touch screen, but the sizing doesn't set up right when I use any of the 4 skin settings and maximize the window. Any chance that there's any easy way to set up a skin that would set the box at 640x480 or 800x600?

I'm sure this isn't on many 'I give a crap about this' lists, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks.

bpa
2010-03-14, 01:42
Softsqueeze is now community supported.
I do a bit of maintenance on Softsqueeze to keep it running on newer version.

Any new development would be done by a user and then merged into the codebase.

If you develop the changes, I would be happy to merge it.

Have you tried using squeezeslave and control with a browser using a skin designed for 4x3 screen such as Touch, N770/N800 or iPeng (skin not iPhone App).

fphredd
2010-03-14, 07:10
Softsqueeze is now community supported.
I do a bit of maintenance on Softsqueeze to keep it running on newer version.

Any new development would be done by a user and then merged into the codebase.

If you develop the changes, I would be happy to merge it.

Have you tried using squeezeslave and control with a browser using a skin designed for 4x3 screen such as Touch, N770/N800 or iPeng (skin not iPhone App).

Hadn't tried the last will check it out. Currently using iPeng on the iTouch, so it can all be headless, just looking to use the touch screen for SOMETHING so I don't feel it was a complete waste of $ to pay up for that feature on the case ;-)

I wouldn't know where to begin on 'develop the changes' but if there is something a non-programming but semi-computer literate person can do to help get this done, I'm willing to do my part.

As it's community supported, any hope for asio??

Thanks for the info.

bpa
2010-03-14, 13:41
I wouldn't know where to begin on 'develop the changes' but if there is something a non-programming but semi-computer literate person can do to help get this done, I'm willing to do my part.

AFAIK No programming just editing the skins images with a suitable graphic editors. The main control panel is multi layed image (xcf extension) and one layer is a mask. Each of the main controls has a different colour in the mask and the softsqueeze app knows the function of the button from the mask colour. See the common.xml file for the definitions of buttons and colours.

As it's community supported, any hope for asio??

No hope for two reasons:
* Softsqueeze uses Javasound for portability and there is no support for asio in Javasound. Losing Javasound would lose portability.
* asio is already supported in squeezeslave so why duplicate effort.

That said - if somebody wishes to implement to support they can - although it seems asio is now out of date and WASAPI is the new audio standard on Windows.

fphredd
2010-03-14, 16:11
AFAIK No programming just editing the skins images with a suitable graphic editors. The main control panel is multi layed image (xcf extension) and one layer is a mask. Each of the main controls has a different colour in the mask and the softsqueeze app knows the function of the button from the mask colour. See the common.xml file for the definitions of buttons and colours.

Ummm...like I said...not that swift on some of this. I have yet to figure out the whole layer thing in Photoshop Elements.

The current box resized to 480x640 or 800x600 is all I'm looking to accomplish. No beautiful redesigns or anything else. Can I do that myself 'easily'??

Thank you for trying to help me on this.

bpa
2010-03-14, 17:10
Ummm...like I said...not that swift on some of this. I have yet to figure out the whole layer thing in Photoshop Elements.

The current box resized to 480x640 or 800x600 is all I'm looking to accomplish. No beautiful redesigns or anything else. Can I do that myself 'easily'??

Thank you for trying to help me on this.

The graphic files seems to be in XCF format which is GIMP native format and so you'd have to use GIMP and not Photoshop.

I reckon you just have to resize the relevant files (e.g. add bigger borders or enlarge/shrink/scale).

Since it is just graphics files being changed it should be easy to revert if the modified files don't display well. Changes to Softsqueeze graphics files cannot crash or affect other apps.

fphredd
2010-03-14, 17:53
The graphic files seems to be in XCF format which is GIMP native format and so you'd have to use GIMP and not Photoshop.

I reckon you just have to resize the relevant files (e.g. add bigger borders or enlarge/shrink/scale).

Since it is just graphics files being changed it should be easy to revert if the modified files don't display well. Changes to Softsqueeze graphics files cannot crash or affect other apps.

Hmmm, might be able to do that...

What about Squeezeplay? Same thing??

bpa
2010-03-14, 17:56
No - Softsqueeze and Squeezeplay are completely different.

Softsqueeze is written in Java and emulates older players. SB2/SB3, Boom, etc. and uses older display protocol.
Squeezeplay is written in Lua and uses newer protocols and its interface looks like the newer devices Radio, Touch, etc.

fphredd
2010-03-14, 18:42
OK. Think I'll start another thread and see what's involved in that one (found out WAF is higher with Squeezeplay)

thnx

nikigraus
2010-03-30, 05:50
Does anybody know if there's a way to use the skin of the Squeezebox Touch within Squeeze Play? This would be great to use it with a HTPC with touch screen.

aubuti
2010-03-31, 19:49
Does anybody know if there's a way to use the skin of the Squeezebox Touch within Squeeze Play? This would be great to use it with a HTPC with touch screen.
That's basically what the WQVGA skins are (Settings > Screen > Select Skin). What else were you looking for?