PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox server scan errors

eschurr
2010-03-13, 14:11
Can someone please decipher these errors in my scan log file for me? looks like SbS is having trouble with MySQL.

i seem to recall years ago some issues similar to this with McAfee AV, but i don't use it anymore, i use the free stuff from MSoft.

i'm attaching a text doc because, oddly, the forum tells me i have "10 images in my message" if i try to paste it into this message

garym
2010-03-13, 14:44
Can someone please decipher these errors in my scan log file for me? looks like SbS is having trouble with MySQL.

i seem to recall years ago some issues similar to this with McAfee AV, but i don't use it anymore, i use the free stuff from MSoft.

i'm attaching a text doc because, oddly, the forum tells me i have "10 images in my message" if i try to paste it into this message

The free stuff from microsoft (MSE?) also is reported to cause scanning problems. See this link as one example:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=76031&highlight=mse

eschurr
2010-03-13, 15:21
thanks. this is very frustrating. i was thrilled to get rid of McAfee AV because i hate it and it conflicted with Squeezebox Server, but now if MSE conflicts with it, too, i'm back where i started!

Grrrr......

bstrulo
2010-03-18, 03:18
MSE has a bug which may be fixed sooner or later.

In the meantime, don't go back to McAfee. Why not try some of the other reasonable quality free alternatives?

I use Avast, but AVG has come out better in some tests I have seen quite recently. Both seem to work fine.

Siduhe
2010-03-18, 03:42
MSE has a known bug in that its real time protection does not play well with mysql (which is used by the squeezebox software). You can switch off real time protection (either permanently or just when rescanning) and continue to use MSE until it is fixed.

Bill50x
2010-03-18, 06:05
MSE has a bug which may be fixed sooner or later.

I use Avast, but AVG has come out better in some tests I have seen quite recently. Both seem to work fine.
I have Avast! installed for about a week or so. It works fine in contrast to MSE.

/ B