PDA

View Full Version : Pre order handling of Touch

Mnyb
2010-03-07, 22:16
As there is evidence that those who pre ordered batteries
did not got them delivered on first come first serve basis.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=523384&postcount=38

But instead those who where fast at the shop on release day got theirs first.

Can someone from logitech make sure that this do not happen to us who have pre ordered Touch.

Can someone from logitech guarantee that Touch would be delivered
on first come first serve basis ?

i write this now as it probably is 1 or 2 months before delivery, so there is an abundance of time to correct the order processing in advance.

I would not exactly curl up and die or throw a tantrum if the preordering process gets screwed up again, but it would be refreshing to feel like a valued customer once in a while :) Especially if you waited for 6 months or similar with your pre order.

I fondly remember the old web shop on this site when things simply worked.

Wow I managed to write a pre-rant ;)

qirex
2010-03-08, 14:41
Units in retail and those shipped direct are in totally different channels. The only way to make what you want guaranteed to happen would be if Logitech actually delayed the retail date since there's been units for retail sitting in warehouses since last summer.

Mnyb
2010-03-08, 15:16
with shops I meant web-shops .

Any squeeze product is a rare sight in brick and mortar shops.
I suppose the the majority is sold online ?

And they could put the preordered Touch out for delivery a couple of days before release, counting on the shipping time to end customers ?

tomasito
2010-03-08, 22:04
Units in retail and those shipped direct are in totally different channels. The only way to make what you want guaranteed to happen would be if Logitech actually delayed the retail date since there's been units for retail sitting in warehouses since last summer.

What warehouse. I read all about units sitting in a warehouse . What warehouse? Probably sitting in factories in china not here in the US. I've work as a manager in a warehouse, it's a no-no for inventories to sit more than a week. It has to move or it goes back to where it comes from or pulled out of the warehouse

JJZolx
2010-03-08, 22:18
What warehouse. I read all about units sitting in a warehouse . What warehouse? Probably sitting in factories in china not here in the US. I've work as a manager in a warehouse, it's a no-no for inventories to sit more than a week. It has to move or it goes back to where it comes from or pulled out of the warehouse

Then they're gathering dust in Logitech's own warehouses. The packaged product has been ready and waiting for more than six months. Some of them were mistakenly shipped late last summer to a few online retailers (or to their distributors) and a number of them were even sold to end users. If they were shipped out by Logitech and then back again in large quantities, then I think we can expect a giant SB Touch dented box sale in the near future.

Sike
2010-03-09, 02:20
I still think that Logitech should offer the Touch to loyal forum members with a disclaimer that states that it is fully featured yet. Then nobody can complain.

They would also have a bigger group of testers.

Mushroom_3
2010-03-09, 02:29
I still think that Logitech should offer the Touch to loyal forum members with a disclaimer that states that it is fully featured yet. Then nobody can complain.

I agree. Logitech could email people with orders placed asking if they were prepared to accept the order with incomplete software and no support till 7.5 (final) is released. They get money now and (some) customers are happy.

Mnyb
2010-03-09, 05:22

+1 the benefit of clearing stock items, nowadays everybody has a fobia against even a minimal stock in the supply chain everything should be jit .

So if they ship to eager user now they can probably order more of them from the factory, this would be a win win for everybody, otherwise they run out of them on release day.

On the other-hand if stock > pre-orders= good , if stock < pre-orders= bad
if bad order more units before release ;)

DaveKen
2010-03-09, 10:52
Hi Guys,
Please keep this to yourselves, at least until you have taken advantage of it or allowed other members to do the same, but Logitech have officially advised me by e-mail today, in response to my request, that I can increase my order from 1 Touch to a total of 3, at the pre-order price. Even if you don't want another it offers the potential of making the odd shilling or two on eBay.
Keep it quiet!! ;-) .
Dave.

dave77
2010-03-11, 13:16
What would happen if the card I pre-ordered on expires before release, mine's getting close?

tank121
2010-03-20, 11:49
I had to attempt to update my credit number as the card I placed the order with had to be cancelled.

Could Logitech just update my order, No ! Instead they cancelled the original order and said I'd have to place another one !

Thank God they sent us a further 20% discount code. I won't be surprised though if this expires prior to the release date!

Mnyb
2010-04-13, 11:08
I had to attempt to update my credit number as the card I placed the order with had to be cancelled.

Could Logitech just update my order, No ! Instead they cancelled the original order and said I'd have to place another one !

Thank God they sent us a further 20% discount code. I won't be surprised though if this expires prior to the release date!

Thats ultra stupid ? what sales people :)

I have some happy news as follow up on my own tread. My preorder worked out well I recieved my Touch. I was set for delivery 12/4 so the pre-order came trough.

So in the End the pre-orders in my remote place in the world worked, thank you .