PDA

View Full Version : Playlist Help

bline22
2010-03-06, 20:58
Hello,
I am trying to edit a playlist from within Media Player. It is an m3u from within the squeeze server application. Can someone explain how to edit this in windows media player 12. Also, i am not able to open it in wmp12 as well. Any idea how I am able to use these same lists in both the squeeze server as well as wmp12?

Thanks for thelp.

bline22
2010-03-08, 11:49
anyone have any ideas?

bline22
2010-03-11, 06:44
Is this a known issue that I have just not been able to find or has this really stumped people?

maybe in order to open the playlist in both I need to convert the playlist from an m3u to something else? would that work do you think? if so, are there any tools people would recommend to do this?

garym
2010-03-11, 07:03
Is this a known issue that I have just not been able to find or has this really stumped people?

maybe in order to open the playlist in both I need to convert the playlist from an m3u to something else? would that work do you think? if so, are there any tools people would recommend to do this?

Havent used WMP but m3u is a standard playlist format. Is there an IMPORT function? I'd think you need to do this rather than open. What error message do you get?

bline22
2010-03-11, 07:19
Thank you for the reply.

I didn't see an import but will do some searching to make sure i didn't miss it.

I don't get any error at all it simply does nothing. I have tried resaving the file as something else within the squeeze server in the event it was corrupt but that yielded the same results. I can create a wpl or whatever the MS playlist type is and open those in seconds.

I figured m3u was standard and would have been really surprised if it wouldn't have been supported.

Can I ask, what player you use that you don't have issues?

garym
2010-03-11, 08:43
Foobar2000. But m3u also works When imported into winamp or iTunes.