• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flipflip
    • Apr 2006

Squeezebox 3 / Classic (some lines of the) Display broken

Hello

I friend writes this:

"I got a question about SqueezeBox Classic [...] there is some problem with display. Let me explain. When temperature is cold – it works good. But when it’s little bit war[m], than top lines on SqueezeBox Classic are not displayed, something like that: [attached picture]"

Any ideas what could be wrong or what could be done about it?
    I was thinking of a loose cable maybe.
    Or could it be software?
    Or is the tube broken? In which case there's not much that can be done, right?

Thanks!

flip
  • maggior
    • Dec 2006

First thing that comes to my mind is a cracked PC board internally or a cracked solder joint. In this case, as the device warms up and cools down, the circuit boards will expand and contract. When there is a hairline crack in a solder joint or PCB, this expansion/contraction can be enough to make/break the electrical connection across the crack.

You could try gently tapping around the top and back of the SB3 and see if the problematic display lines come and go. If so, you are likely looking at a cracked solder joint or PBC. You couldn then open it up and visually inspect the components for the defect.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Comment

• flipflip
      • Apr 2006

Good idea. We'll try that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...