PDA

View Full Version : Force reset of the file system besides settings ?

erland
2010-03-02, 21:14
Is there a way to force a reset of the file system besides settings ?

I thought forcing a firmware upgrade to the same version would do it, but it doesn't seem to. All the applets are still installed after the firmware upgrade. Applet Installer is not running after the reboot if someone thinks that's the reason.

What happens during a firmware upgrade ?

Does it reset the file system or does it just overwrite existing files but leaves old files that wasn't part of the firmware upgrade in their old state ?

I thought it would reset the file system but it doesn't seem to when I just do a manual software upgrade to the same firmware version as already installed.

The forced reinstall actually doesn't seem to have done anything, because it didn't even overwrite my patched Squeezeplay lua files. Is this how it's supposed to work if I force an upgrade to the same version as already installed ?

erland
2010-03-14, 22:25
Is there a way to force a reset of the file system besides settings ?

I thought forcing a firmware upgrade to the same version would do it, but it doesn't seem to. All the applets are still installed after the firmware upgrade. Applet Installer is not running after the reboot if someone thinks that's the reason.

What happens during a firmware upgrade ?

Does it reset the file system or does it just overwrite existing files but leaves old files that wasn't part of the firmware upgrade in their old state ?

I thought it would reset the file system but it doesn't seem to when I just do a manual software upgrade to the same firmware version as already installed.

The forced reinstall actually doesn't seem to have done anything, because it didn't even overwrite my patched Squeezeplay lua files. Is this how it's supposed to work if I force an upgrade to the same version as already installed ?

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work ?