PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Squeezebox receiver

antonio
2010-03-02, 15:59
hi,

i started hearing some rumors about the discontinuation of the squeezebox receiver. Rumors i found to be true.

I was using several receivers with the squeezebox server to control all, by now i can't. No point in buying the duet.... one controller is all i want.

Is there any other device like the receiver (logitech or not) capable of streaming music from the squeezebox server?

PS: lots of ppl only had one controller for lots of receivers. Why the production stop?!

garym
2010-03-02, 16:06
Is there any other device like the receiver (logitech or not) capable of streaming music from the squeezebox server?

Yes, the controller will control the BOOM, the Transporter, the RADIO, and the forthcoming TOUCH (as well as the older SB3 and SB Classic). All logitech products.

snarlydwarf
2010-03-02, 16:26
hi,

i started hearing some rumors about the discontinuation of the squeezebox receiver. Rumors i found to be true.

The rumors are not true.

The Duet is in stock. I believe lone controllers are in stock. The seperate receiver is out of stock and new production has been ordered, though not yet delivered.

And, yes, they probably -could- rip apart Duet boxes and sell the pieces seperately, but that would cut into sales of the Duet-pairing (ie, they would then have excess controllers and no more pairs...)

aubuti
2010-03-02, 16:34
I was using several receivers with the squeezebox server to control all, by now i can't.
First, the rumors about stopping SBR production are not true, please read the relevant posts. Second, even if production stopped today, how would that prevent you from using the several receivers you already have???