PDA

View Full Version : How to sort titles by artist album track number

PatLogan
2010-03-01, 04:02
Hi there,
When I perform an advance search, I'd like to be able to sort the titles by artist album tracknumber to be able to play all titles correctly.
But they are all sorted by title, without any consideration of the other criteria.
Is there a way to enhance this behavior?
Cheers
Pat

JJZolx
2010-03-01, 04:19
I don't believe there's any way to do what you want. I'm a little surprised that no sorting ability was ever added to the advanced search.

What kind of searches are you doing? It sounds like you want to play albums in track order. The basic search lets you do that pretty easily if you know the name of the album that you want.

PatLogan
2010-03-01, 04:22
I don't believe there's any way to do what you want. I'm a little surprised that no sorting ability was ever added to the advanced search.

What kind of searches are you doing? It sounds like you want to play albums in track order. The basic search lets you do that pretty easily if you know the name of the album that you want.
i.e. I wanna play all piano work by bach. I have a genre "piano" and the artist are like this "composer, performer".
The idea is to program my own radio with my own stuff...
Cheers

PatLogan
2010-03-01, 14:47
I finally succeeded...!
When you have selected your files, the shuffle button must be on "shuffle by album" and when you add your files, they are automatically grouped by album and randomised.
Cheers :)

PatLogan
2010-03-01, 14:50
It was too nice...
They are not sorted by tracknumber but still by title :(