PDA

View Full Version : no internetradio, though stream works on notebook

knightfall
2010-02-27, 08:43
Hi all!

I can't listen to internet radio on my SB. I just keeps connecting and then says "connection timed out". I used the sf, but the answers there don't really help. I tried a few of the streams on the notebook and they are all there instantly. Any ideas?

knightfall

Siduhe
2010-02-27, 09:28
Assuming that you are connected to the software, not MySqueezebox.com, have a look at the server.log file (there is a link under Settings/Information in the web interface). What do you see in the log when you try to play a radio stream?

The most likely cause is that something is stopping the software from connecting to the internet - this can happen if the software starts up before your internet connection is ready or if you have antivirus or firewall software configured in a certain way, or even if you've put in the wrong mysqueezebox.com password somewhere. However, some more info needed on your setup to narrow it down. The log file will help but also what hardware you are running the software on (PC on windows? NAS?), what version of the software, any antivirus or security software and whether you have checked your mysb.com settings are correct in the Settings page.

The other basic bit of troubleshooting is to stop the software, reboot your router and let everything reconnect, then restart the software. Any improvement?

knightfall
2010-02-27, 09:57
I run the software on a PC with Windows 7, Squeezebox Server 7.4.2. Antivirus Software is Antivir, I already disabled it, didn't help. The last entry in the logfile is
[10-02-27 16:36:31.2308] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (383) request not dispatchable!
I also found some lines like this:
[10-01-09 19:35:55.9969] Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin::_gotRadioErro r (103) Unable to retrieve radio directory from SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com
But as you can see they are not from today.
When I try to play a radio stream, the logfile doesn't get an update.

msyb.com keeps saying "not connected" under "Player" even though I can play my music just fine, so it must be connected. The "disconnect" button is grey, so I can't click on it. Anything to do with this maybe? I already tried connecting to mysb.com from the Squeezebox, also saying "can't connect". How do I properly connect to rule this out as the cause?

I already rebooted several times, so far no improvement...

knightfall

toby10
2010-02-27, 13:12
Can you connect your player directly to MySB (no local server) and play a station?

When you say: "..msyb.com keeps saying "not connected" under "Player" even though I can play my music just fine, so it must be connected.."

Do you mean an internet station or your local music files?
Your local music files have nothing to do with MySB connections.

In your SBS server can you play a station from Internet Radio > Local?

toby10
2010-02-27, 13:17
Also, in SBS, open the Control Panel, go to Diagnostics, what does it say for MySqueezeBox.com?

knightfall
2010-03-04, 05:55
Can you connect your player directly to MySB (no local server) and play a station?
No, my player can't connect to MySB.

When you say: "..msyb.com keeps saying "not connected" under "Player" even though I can play my music just fine, so it must be connected.."

Do you mean an internet station or your local music files?
Your local music files have nothing to do with MySB connections.
Ah, okay. Yes, I meant my local files.

In your SBS server can you play a station from Internet Radio > Local?
No I can't. It says "connecting" and then the word disappears, but nothing happens. No entry in the logfile either.

knightfall
2010-03-04, 05:57
Also, in SBS, open the Control Panel, go to Diagnostics, what does it say for MySqueezeBox.com?

IP address: 89.202.121.131
Ping: OK
Port 3483 (slimproto): OK
Port 9000 (HTTP): OK

Any ideas?

knightfall

toby10
2010-03-04, 07:21
IP address: 89.202.121.131
Ping: OK
Port 3483 (slimproto): OK
Port 9000 (HTTP): OK

Any ideas?

knightfall

Something is blocking your player and SBS from seeing the internet.
I'd start by temporarily disabling your firewall and anti-virus for use with SBS.

Are all devices on your network connected through a router? Do you have any settings on the router not allowing devices to communicate outside of your local network?

If your player is connected to a router, you attempt to connect player directly to MySB.com and it won't connect, then something else besides firewall and anti-virus is blocking the hardware player because the player is no longer associated with your computer when you attempt to connect it directly to MySB.com.

Also, verify that your correct MySB login info is on SBS > Settings > mySqueezeBox
Make sure there is no mention of "incorrect MySB login" on this page.

Beyond these and Siduhe's recommendations you may need to contact support.

knightfall
2010-03-14, 10:44
I'd start by temporarily disabling your firewall and anti-virus for use with SBS.

I disabled both firewall and anti-virus software, but that didn't help.

Are all devices on your network connected through a router?

No, no router.

Also, verify that your correct MySB login info is on SBS > Settings > mySqueezeBox
Make sure there is no mention of "incorrect MySB login" on this page.

Yep, that is all correct.

Beyond these and Siduhe's recommendations you may need to contact support.
You mean support on the Logitech website?

knightfall

toby10
2010-03-15, 03:14
Yes, call support.

If no router is in use then I suspect your issue is with the computer you are using to connect the SB3. Such setups are actually more complicated than using a router.
Your computer now has to deal with DHCP, IP handling, and internet connection sharing (all of which is what a router is specifically designed for).

If you arrow BACK on your SB3 to Setup, scroll to "connect to MySqueezeBox", scroll right to select it, what happens? I'll bet it cannot connect.

knightfall
2010-03-18, 07:10
I do not have a router. And my computer does not have internet connection sharing. I just plug the computer into the wireless access point.

I just called support. The guy said "I'll ask a colleague, he has a squeezebox, maybe he has an idea. Can I write you an email back?"