PDA

View Full Version : Problem with network

Faiko
2010-02-26, 11:19
Hi,

i got a repeatedly occuring problem with my network.
I run the server on a Win7 PC and have a Squeezebox Classic. Both are connected to my Gateway via WLAN. Its a Linksys WAG160N.

From time to time i power up my stuff and suddenly the Squeezebox no longer finds the server. Its though easily possible to connect to mysqueezebox.com
I have to "reset" my wlan settings to achieve a connection again.
My procedure for that is, by now, to switch the security settings from wpa2 personal to wpa 2 mixed or back. this doesn't effect the password settings so it's a step of several seconds.

despite the fact that this is totally annoing i now have a htpc, which works as a nas and squeezeboxserver as well and i don't have a monitor on all the time. so i would like to fix this connection problem.

does anyone have an idea, what i could do?
thx in advance ;)

toby10
2010-02-26, 11:34
Have you tried just holding the LEFT arrow to enter SETUP, then scroll to your SBS server, then arrow RIGHT to select?

Faiko
2010-02-26, 12:44
iirc this wouldn't differ from using the right arrow to try to connect to the usual server?
i'm sure i have tried that before, but i will give it another shot next time the problem occures.

pski
2010-02-26, 21:41
Hi,

i got a repeatedly occuring problem with my network.
I run the server on a Win7 PC and have a Squeezebox Classic. Both are connected to my Gateway via WLAN. Its a Linksys WAG160N.

From time to time i power up my stuff and suddenly the Squeezebox no longer finds the server. Its though easily possible to connect to mysqueezebox.com
I have to "reset" my wlan settings to achieve a connection again.
My procedure for that is, by now, to switch the security settings from wpa2 personal to wpa 2 mixed or back. this doesn't effect the password settings so it's a step of several seconds.

despite the fact that this is totally annoing i now have a htpc, which works as a nas and squeezeboxserver as well and i don't have a monitor on all the time. so i would like to fix this connection problem.

does anyone have an idea, what i could do?
thx in advance ;)

Assign your server a static IP address. This will prevent your player/sbs from playing football with IP addresses.

From a command prompt:

ipconfig /all

see the current ip address, gateway and DNS server addresses. Make the IP addresses static with the "Network and Sharing Center"/"Manage Network Connections"

Faiko
2010-02-27, 05:29
my server already has a static ip