PDA

View Full Version : How to play from all songs from Favorites?

ArmandoL1
2010-02-19, 19:16
Hi,

I have added over 400 hundred songs to My Favorites and I would like to be able to play ALL songs in My Favorites randomly (or sequetially) but it seems that I can only play one song at at time. Is it possible to play all songs in my FAVORITES at all? With the FAVORITES menu selected on the Duet controller, The PLAY (>) or ADD (+) buttons do not perform any actions. Only the SELECT (O) button works and that takes me to the List of Favorites songs. While on the List of Favorites, pressing the PLAY (>) or the SELECT (O) button will only play the current song. Pressing the ADD (+) button takes me to a new screen to either PLAY or ADD the currently selected song. So it seems that I can only play one song at a time, and that does not make a lot of sense... Anyways, any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> SlimServer 7.4.1 running on Windows XP
> Duet Conttroller
> Transporter and Duet players

Armando L.

Mnyb
2010-02-20, 02:55
Make a playlist with all this songs instead ? favorites is more for webradio stations or whole albums and such ?

A playlist can be repeated and shuffled to your liking

Just line up your fave songs in the rigth pane of the web-UI and save it as a playlist

ArmandoL1
2010-02-20, 16:34
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I will have to create a new Playlist with all the songs which are in my Favorites. The problem is that I can not just drag and drop all the songs that are into my Favorites into a new Playlist, but I will have to add each song manually by selecting each song and then clicking the ADD [+] button, which is time consuming and sort of inconvenient.

I think the web interface as well as the remote control interface currently lack some basic usability when it comes to managing the music collection. For example, I like to start playing songs randomly from my entire collection. As I hear as song that I am interested in, I would like to be able to add that song to an existing (or new) playlist using the Duet remote control. But I can not, since the remote does not give me that option. Instead the only option that I have is to add it to the Favorites list, which in turn can not be played like a Playlist. So, Is there any other way to accomplsh this?

Thanks in advance.

A.

Mnyb
2010-02-21, 00:07
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I will have to create a new Playlist with all the songs which are in my Favorites. The problem is that I can not just drag and drop all the songs that are into my Favorites into a new Playlist, but I will have to add each song manually by selecting each song and then clicking the ADD [+] button, which is time consuming and sort of inconvenient.

I think the web interface as well as the remote control interface currently lack some basic usability when it comes to managing the music collection. For example, I like to start playing songs randomly from my entire collection. As I hear as song that I am interested in, I would like to be able to add that song to an existing (or new) playlist using the Duet remote control. But I can not, since the remote does not give me that option. Instead the only option that I have is to add it to the Favorites list, which in turn can not be played like a Playlist. So, Is there any other way to accomplsh this?

Thanks in advance.

A.

Yes you can add a song to the currently playing playlist anytime via the context menu + button play next or add to end but not to a previously saved list :-/

There is a playlist manager plugin but it seems broken for the controller it works from the BOOM menu or SB3 menu but not from my controller the menu comes up "empty"

Phil that is doing this plugin is having problems with squeezeplay based players and nobody seems to help him out with it :(
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=75135