PDA

View Full Version : Boom or Radio for childrens room

Letten
2010-02-19, 05:14
Hi,

I can't make up my mind, what is best suited for young children, Boom, Radio?

At the moment my daughter (age 8) is using a Boom in her room and soon I want to equip my sons room (he's 4).

My daughter uses presets for favorit radio and playlists, sometimes she also uses the navigation to find music although multiple libraries would be a help (I'm crossing my fingers for next version).

My son will only use presets or someone else will help him find the music he wants to listen to.

I wonder if the color screen of the Radio would help them or just make things more complicated.

And, is the mono-sound good enough to fill a small room (13m3) ? I havn't heard the Radio yet.

Any ideas? comments?

Cheers,
Letten

Phil Leigh
2010-02-19, 06:01
Hi,

I can't make up my mind, what is best suited for young children, Boom, Radio?

At the moment my daughter (age 8) is using a Boom in her room and soon I want to equip my sons room (he's 4).

My daughter uses presets for favorit radio and playlists, sometimes she also uses the navigation to find music although multiple libraries would be a help (I'm crossing my fingers for next version).

My son will only use presets or someone else will help him find the music he wants to listen to.

I wonder if the color screen of the Radio would help them or just make things more complicated.

And, is the mono-sound good enough to fill a small room (13m3) ? I havn't heard the Radio yet.

Any ideas? comments?

Cheers,
Letten
Radio is plenty loud enough to fiil that room!
( I presume your son is not into heavy metal yet...)

johnas
2010-02-19, 08:05
I bought a Radio for my 3 month old son's room - I know he's pretty young but I needed a reason to pick one of these up. The sound is great for such a small box. Personally I like the Boom display better than the Radio. The colour screen is nice, but I can't operate it with a IR remote if I am more than a few feet away.

youngml2009
2010-02-19, 09:41
We have a Radio in our baby's bedroom and its fills the space very well. Having the hair dryer sound effect as a preset was a godsend in those early months.

Muele
2010-02-19, 12:51
For preschool operation album art is the killer feature that should make you choose the Radio IMO.

If you can get a combo of plugins to allow all albums of genre:Children be shown by the click of a preset-button, the kid can choose his music based on the way the album cover looks like. I know my 3 year old knows lots of albums by the look of the cover.

By the way, if you get that working, please post the method here. I would like that kind of functionality, but I haven't really bothered investiging what it takes.

raven22
2010-02-20, 03:25
Initial the Radio is good, but in a few years the kids will like the superior soundquality of the Boom.

Mark Miksis
2010-02-20, 16:35
The Boom has metal speaker grilles which can be easily removed and cleaned. The Radio has a cloth speaker grille.