PDA

View Full Version : Cannot play all tracks under the All Songs setting

kmax58
2010-02-17, 14:39
Is it possible to play all songs by an Artist from multiple albums?

Using my squeezebox duet remote I see that there is an option under 'All ARTISTS' to select an individual album or list all of the tracks from all albums by that artist via 'All SONGS'. If I choose all songs I had assumed that it would play all the tracks from all the albums however it only plays which ever song I select and if I try to play the next by hitting the forward button it simply repeats the same song. I would like to be able to play all of the songs.

I have looked under the settings in squeezebox server > web control > player settings and it is set to play "ALL OTHER SONGS IN AN ALBUM OR DIRECTORY. I had assumed that this is the setting I need.

Thank you

pski
2010-02-17, 15:08
Is it possible to play all songs by an Artist from multiple albums?

Using my squeezebox duet remote I see that there is an option under 'All ARTISTS' to select an individual album or list all of the tracks from all albums by that artist via 'All SONGS'. If I choose all songs I had assumed that it would play all the tracks from all the albums however it only plays which ever song I select and if I try to play the next by hitting the forward button it simply repeats the same song. I would like to be able to play all of the songs.

I have looked under the settings in squeezebox server > web control > player settings and it is set to play "ALL OTHER SONGS IN AN ALBUM OR DIRECTORY. I had assumed that this is the setting I need.

Thank you

My Music/Artists/<select artist by rollup-down> press RIGHT ARROW

All songs by that artist are now in playlist.

p

The setting you mention will add all other songs (in the same album) when a single song is selected.. It is equivalent to "start playing this album here."

kmax58
2010-02-18, 05:52
Dear pski

That's brilliant - I've been trying to work that one out for weeks. I can't believe that I never tried that combination.

Regards kmax58