PDA

View Full Version : Will the MusicInfoSCR plugin work with the Touch?

Valentino
2010-02-16, 14:06
I have Transporter and Classic and am totally addicted to the volume readout provided by Michael Herger's MusicInfoSCR plugin.

Will this plugin support the Touch, with attenuation readout in half dB steps and a nice graphic?

aubuti
2010-02-16, 14:44
At present the MusicInfoScreen plugin does not work with the Touch, because the display is completely different. However, Erland has written the Information Screen applet that serves much the same function on the Touch and Radio. See http://erland.homeip.net/download/do/viewapplication?name=slimserver-informationscreen. I don't think it has the same 'ramped' volume display as MIS, but I could be wrong about that.

erland
2010-02-18, 00:04
At present the MusicInfoScreen plugin does not work with the Touch, because the display is completely different. However, Erland has written the Information Screen applet that serves much the same function on the Touch and Radio. See http://erland.homeip.net/download/do/viewapplication?name=slimserver-informationscreen.

It has a bit strange name, but with the latest additions to the Custom Clock applet 2.x version I suspect it's a better choice than the Information Screen applet if you want to do similar things as Music Information Screen does for Classic/Boom players.

Information Screen is still more suitable if you want to switch continuously between completely different kind of information.

I don't think it has the same 'ramped' volume display as MIS, but I could be wrong about that.

No, it doesn't have that and probably never will.
There is a small chance that Custom Clock will get it but probably not Information Screen. Information Screen relies on the server to provide all its information so I don't think it's suitable for for dynamic interactions like changing volume.

Valentino
2010-02-18, 00:47
Thanks to both of you.

It's not quite clear to me yet:
Does any of these applets support dB-readouts of volume setting whilst the volume control is operated (Never mind the ramped graphic)?